Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Old games: Many old Korean titles

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: Old games: Many old Korean titles

Postby annoyment » Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 am

The third disc is a collector's bonus and does not hinder gameplay, as noted on namu.wiki (couldn't find that disc either way :( )...
As fer me conversion effort, CDSpace's dev blog notes that their format IS capable of storing multitracks & multisessions & DRM data - the LCDtoISO converter found can only get ye so far, thus me searching fer alternates was a good call :wink: And it turned out successful :D
Grabbed this very version of CDSpace 6 (seems it's an extracted ISO demo, grab Zip+/Zip'N'All or use an online converter fer ALZs), installed it on me XP SP2 host, works & mounts perfectly (Korean locale required, that was the problem)! After proving that the images weren't corrupt but compressed instead (& that their "algorithm" is pitiful), I then found out that the size difference I've noted earlier has todo with sector sizes - comparing the image file with the mounted drive led me to the conclusion that Install is 2352 & Play is 2048 (& that CD2 is the same as Play but "upconverted" to 2352 & uncompressed) :omg: Therefore, fer bogstandard 2048s any stupid proggy will do (along the lines of UltraISO or gBurner or something, provided the ISO format is selected), but fer 2352's Alcohol is a must - after fiddling with options (can't remember which) I succeeded making a working BIN/CUE of Install (fer Play renamed ISO to BIN & c/p'd a CUE with tiny changes, fer consistency sake) :mrgreen: Haven't yet ran into LCDs with 2336s or subchannels (or CDDA), so dunno how would those get handled today :huh:
DaemonTools Pro, CDBurnerXP & CDRWIN don't detect anything mounted on the drive (possibly because CDSpace uses some shady ASPI mod fer emulation); CloneCD & ImgBurn return garbage no matter what (as well as the noted UltraISO & gBurner, use those two fer 2048s ONLY); IsoBuster may be of better use but haven't figured out how & to what extent; & Ashampoo 6 free restarts the computer :lol:
All in all, here's the final outcome now worth putting on AL me thinks - Yulhyul Kangho Korean 2CD ISO Demo (BIN/CUE), no longer in EOL'd obfuscating proprietary captivity, without PW as well, tested working on both XP SP2 & W10 (the latter needs changing compatibility settings & at least DxWnd ofc) :!: Will delete the former LCD archive in a week unless someone notes of not being satisied with this "rls" :up: Enjoy this oddity (interesting part-clone of Ronin Blade fer PS1 but not digging the art-style much) :hi:
HIDE: ON
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
Scaryfun, TISKER

Postby myloch » Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 pm

I can confirm LCD, at least recent versions, can successfully store multitracks (including redbook audio) but I don't know the level of precision about indexes and gaps (I usually stick to imgburn for mixed mode cdroms).

Yulhyul Kangho has no drm and no redbook, so imho using raw or simple 2048 has no real impact, except for mad purists of 1:1 religion.
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Postby TISKER » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:34 am

Nice topic , please let me know what software is this zip+ ? can you provide a link to download.
TISKER

Postby Molitor » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:19 am

It's a Korean-developed archiver, the official site is defunct now but there are some copies floating around. I found this one:
Code: Select all
http://dmachine.tistory.com/attachment/cfile2.uf@14128A0C49BDEDAB56AF8C.exe
Source: http://dmachine.tistory.com/25

I don't know what version it is nor if it is in Korean only or if some English version is available.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby annoyment » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:39 am

WARNUNG: Zip+/Zip'n'All has both KOR and ENG, but may have an issue when changing languages, if the setting doesn't apply, use the registry or replace files (did the latter myself for this one) :!: Apart from that the proggy functions without problems :up:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby TISKER » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Very nice , thank you for the help. :thanks: :up:
TISKER

Postby annoyment » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:35 pm

myloch wrote:Yulhyul Kangho

Finally all three discs are dumped :wave:
https://archive.org/details/yul-hyul-gang-ho
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
hfric, Meddle, Scaryfun

Postby myloch » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:41 pm

I wonder when DarkDungZip (or one of those other 2-3 southkorean bloggers) will decide to share games like 블럭환타지 (msdos!).
Many years passed and Google Search always leads to the same few pages. Quite oddly we know more about this game compared to other korean "white whales" except some real screenshot and a dump! C'mon hoarders! 5.25" FDs will not last forever!
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Previous

Return to General Topics