Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Fallout 4

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Fallout 4

Postby Doomed_Space_Marine » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:28 am

Watched the Fallout 4 launch trailer on Tube, looks okay - a bit more colourful, I played part 3 with an unofficial HD texture pack and the difference here doesn't look staggering, but true test is game-play of course. I think I will prob buy this one, I bought Dying Light last week, still not played because waiting on new rig to arrive, hope it is not lost at sea...
Doomed_Space_Marine

Re: Fallout 4

Postby hfric » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Dying Light looks amazing but its the same old Dead Island game ... story is stale after 8 main missions ... how to explain it ... Its Mirrors Edge with Zombies ... but when Mirror had a nice story line/music and theme ... this ahem is broken to hell and back ...

Fallout 4 on the other hand well ... at lest Its something then those HORDES of HD reMasters of ... 360/ps3 games those new consoles get :lol:

Sleeping Dogs definitive version
Tomb Raider definitive version
Borderlands
GTAV
HALO 1 2 3 4
THE LAST OF US
SAINTS ROW IV: RE-ELECTED
Resident Evil from Gamecube
Abe Odyssey 1
METRO REDUX
DARK SOULS II: SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN
DMC: DEVIL MAY CRY DEFINITIVE EDITION (thats censored ... HAHAHA definitive my ass)
TEARAWAY UNFOLDED PS4...port from Vita

and there are 30 more (resident evil Zero , another Gamecube game remaster) :x ... its good for PCs (because we will get some of those games also ... yes that Halo pack is also coming to PC ... some speculate it will promote Windows 10 , the same like Halo 2 did with VIsta) ... but damn i finished those like ages ago ... not caring about graphics

Next thing you know Valve will jump on this remaster train and re-release EPISODE ONE ORANGE PACK :lol: ... OH wait ... Portal remaster ....NO

i would understand if those where PS2 remasters or PS1 ... but PS3/360 thats pathetic money grab
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
basetta

Postby Doomed_Space_Marine » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:26 am

Dying Light looks amazing but its the same old Dead Island game ... story is stale after 8 main missions ... how to explain it ... Its Mirrors Edge with Zombies ... but when Mirror had a nice story line/music and theme ... this ahem is broken to hell and back ...

Thanks for your feedback, it sounds pretty much like what I was expecting...I am a simple guy, give me an endless supply of Espresso and let me split open zombie heads and I am happy :D I never played Mirror's Edge, I remember watching a video way back when demonstrating the difference of gpu accelerated PhysX, maybe I will try it.

yes that Halo pack is also coming to PC ... some speculate it will promote Windows 10 , the same like Halo 2 did with VIsta) ... but damn i finished those like ages ago ... not caring about graphics

Yeah, I played Halo 2 on original Xbox, I wasn't very taken with it but I got Halo 3 & Reach to try out so I reserve judgment on those.

Have you played Dead Rising 3 or The Evil Within, if so what do you think? Those are some mammoth downloads, and it seems many Jap games are like that.

One more thing out of left field, have you tried that old 360 game The Outfit? I read some mixed reviews, but maybe it is worth $10, don't know
Doomed_Space_Marine

Postby zobraks » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:13 am

Doomed_Space_Marine wrote:I am a simple guy, give me an endless supply of Espresso and let me split open zombie heads and I am happy
DSM, you're cracking me up! :up:
zobraks

Postby hfric » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 pm

Doomed_Space_Marine wrote:

Thanks for your feedback, it sounds pretty much like what I was expecting...I am a simple guy, give me an endless supply of Espresso and let me split open zombie heads and I am happy :D I never played Mirror's Edge, I remember watching a video way back when demonstrating the difference of gpu accelerated PhysX, maybe I will try it.

yes that Halo pack is also coming to PC ... some speculate it will promote Windows 10 , the same like Halo 2 did with VIsta) ... but damn i finished those like ages ago ... not caring about graphics

Yeah, I played Halo 2 on original Xbox, I wasn't very taken with it but I got Halo 3 & Reach to try out so I reserve judgment on those.

Have you played Dead Rising 3 or The Evil Within, if so what do you think? Those are some mammoth downloads, and it seems many Jap games are like that.

One more thing out of left field, have you tried that old 360 game The Outfit? I read some mixed reviews, but maybe it is worth $10, don't know

http://gbacklog.blogspot.com/2014/12/de ... th-of.html here is my opinion of it ... with some funny vids i made (if you still want this game well get the AGB golden Full rip that only 12 gigs with all DLC and updated to the newest patch)

and here is
http://gbacklog.blogspot.com/2014/12/th ... -take.html ...
Code: Select all
SO then, explain to me why.... it hits the excellence list, when you start to present this game as the most bugged shit of the year of 2014...  the more i played it, the more it grew on me ... and the story line became clear ... its a game that uses its first SIX CHAPTERS act as a memory lane of Shinji Mikami career , from Resident evil Intro to towns to map design to buildings ... and then in Chapter 6 you start to like this game ... seeing its nothing more then Resident Evil 4 but you play in dreams that are made by a dream machine
even did a Longplay of it on my Chanel https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... J8sW6Lj0ET
Was a fine crazy game , if you planning to get it then ... get "The Evil Within. Complete Edition_RePack by SEYTER" 17 gigs with all 3 story DLC and patched

The Outfit , have it but did not found the time to play it ... now i play my ps2 collection that a friend gave me 600+ games ... but from the thing i played, its a 12 mission based WW2 TPS strategy shooter that plays like Giants Citizen Kabuto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbVYcHyd0QY
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
basetta, Doomed_Space_Marine

Postby Doomed_Space_Marine » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:59 am

Cheers hfric :) , I haven't got around to watching your vids yet but I didn't have any immediate plans on DR3 because I still have DR2 in its original packaging...my backlog is rising faster than the dead...speaking of the dead, my new rig arrived today, so I have a date with some java & the evil horde, so I'll catch you guys on the flip

* Last thing quick, Something Fallout related I want to say since it might help someone, I started playing Fallout 3 GOTYE on 360 but the game crashed far too often, so I found out you could migrate your save via usb pen drive to the PC and use a program called 'Modio' to extract the save and convert it to the PC game format, and yes, worked like a charm...didn't think something like that was possible, but yep finished it on PC. If that was common knowledge then I appologise
Doomed_Space_Marine

Postby hfric » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:07 am

About Fallout 3 , for me this game was well... shitty ... and i finished this game by luck in 2h .... in one sitting ... just was exploring the desert , found a random house , explored it ... in it was his Father locked in a VR machine , helped him escape... he made me follow him... and ... some how i finished the game and its main quest in 2 h ... credits ... the END :|

F3 a game when by random you finish the game ,
there is even a Vid on Youtube of some people finishing this from 23 to 19 min

F3 is awful ... but F3 Vegas ... now thats a Real Fallout game ... played it like for 1 month ... not even saw the ending ... of the main quest ... :o ... and you have to do lots of side quest to grind to survive ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Doomed_Space_Marine » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:09 am

hfric wrote:About Fallout 3 , for me this game was well... shitty ... and i finished this game by luck in 2h .... in one sitting ... just was exploring the desert , found a random house , explored it ... in it was his Father locked in a VR machine , helped him escape... he made me follow him... and ... some how i finished the game and its main quest in 2 h ... credits ... the END

So you enjoyed exploring the game world then? :P For me, I didn't care about the finish line, just enjoyed searching for crafting items, seeing what is over the next hill, doing lots of sub quests...I admit after you have finished leveling it seems less interesting.

hfric wrote:F3 is awful ... but F3 Vegas ... now thats a Real Fallout game ... played it like for 1 month ... not even saw the ending ... of the main quest ... ... and you have to do lots of side quest to grind to survive ...

Well, you must be talking about Survival mode, I was playing it like that, yes quite challenging, but I stopped last time I reformatted my drive, but I kept my save, so prob will get back to it soon enough.

Oh, played the prologue of Dying Light, when you said it was just same old Dead Island you weren't kidding around. It seems as far as character development and interaction are concerned, Techland can't get passed the original Stalker. It is interesting that Techland had a similar themed game in the works before Dead Island, it took place in the Nevada desert I think, Day of the Mutant was the name, but I always wonder how it would have turned out...would love a Beta

---
I came across this Cauldron.sk playlist a few weeks ago, the videos of the unreleased Spectac are quite interesting since it looks way better than anything they made under Activision

https://www.youtube.com/user/cauldron4u/playlists
Doomed_Space_Marine

Postby hfric » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 am

yeah , Cauldron games where Uniqe each one a GOTY in my book
1996 Quadrax
1997 Spellcross
2000 Battle Isle: The Andosia War
2003 Chaser
2004 Conan
2005 Gene Troopers
2005 Knights of the Temple II

and then Activison happened and all became budget crappy shit
and after 2009 their games became copy/paste Activison vision of crap
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby Doomed_Space_Marine » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:14 am

I haven't played all those yet, but I went through Chaser, Conan and Gene Troopers, thoroughly enjoyed them, interesting games with particularly nice atmosphere. I played some of the Activision ones, Jurassic The Hunted I went through on PCSX2 and it wasn't a bad diversion I suppose.
Doomed_Space_Marine

Return to General Topics