Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ 3Dshooters and DemoGroup run by same people?

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

3Dshooters and DemoGroup run by same people?

Postby n00b » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:30 pm

I was browsing through some sites and came across ***** and someone told me on the other forum that 3DShooterLegends run ***** site. Is that true? if so damn you guys are good! Please reply and let me know if its really true.
n00b

Postby AtoMiC_PoTaTo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:36 pm

No links to warez tolerated! Read the rules!

And no we're not running this site, they're just linking our site without authorization.

AtoMiC_PoTaTo
AtoMiC_PoTaTo

Postby Rip2K » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:54 pm

heh hold up.... you saying we linking to your files without authorization? Now show me which of "your" files we are linking. Since last time i checked all our passes are demogroup.net not 3dshooters. So if u dont know any facts why trying to say something back?
Rip2K

Postby AtoMiC_PoTaTo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:57 pm

I'm not saying you linked our files but the site. You we're linking us in your affiliate section when we clearly told you that we didn't want to be affiliated with your site.
AtoMiC_PoTaTo

Postby Rip2K » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:58 pm

we dont even have affiliate section on our site :?
Rip2K

Postby AtoMiC_PoTaTo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:59 pm

There did was one.
AtoMiC_PoTaTo

Postby alexz721 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:32 pm

I honestly don't see the problem with having a links page. That is quite a different definition than an affiliates page.

Note: I haven't actually been to the site; I'm just going by what I've read here.

And like it or not, this site has a lot of warez on it too, but I'm not going to get into a discussion about that.
alexz721
Advanced Member

Postby nestlesux » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:16 am

lol! I'm getting my laugh of the day.

alexz721 wrote:I honestly don't see the problem with having a links page. That is quite a different definition than an affiliates page.

The problem is 3dsl didn't/doesn't want their link on demogroup.net. And whatever definition you or they use for a page; hopefully their definition of respect will match 3dsl's near enough that they'll respect the wishes of 3dsl.

As for warez links here well the same would apply; You might have a different view of warez links than 3dsl, but you could nonetheless respect their views.

alexz721 wrote:Note: I haven't actually been to the site; I'm just going by what I've read here.

And like it or not, this site has a lot of warez on it too, but I'm not going to get into a discussion about that.

Yes 3dsl has warez. They just don't have RECENT warez.

Thanks for the laughs; I don't seem to get enough of them. :D

Now I'm off to search for this demogroup.net site. Might be a site worth visiting. :)

Peace!
Who Watches the Watchers?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
nestlesux

Postby mickkk » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:58 pm

if you find it let me know i nned a laugh too :D
mickkk
Addicted Member

Postby ruiya75 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:41 pm

nestlesux wrote:lol! I'm getting my laugh of the day.
Now I'm off to search for this demogroup.net site. Might be a site worth visiting. :)
Peace!

I can rest assure you nestlesux, that site does not worth you visiting. A bunch of lolypops doing circus there. They change everyday their forum layout & rules. A bunch of jokers. A leecher's place. Actually they don't know what to do.
ruiya75

Postby alexz721 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:42 pm

nestlesux wrote:The problem is 3dsl didn't/doesn't want their link on demogroup.net. And whatever definition you or they use for a page; hopefully their definition of respect will match 3dsl's near enough that they'll respect the wishes of 3dsl.

I respect the fact that 3dsl does not want their link on demogroup, though the reasoning appears somewhat questionable. I'm just pointing out the difference between "links" and "affiliates." They should not be confused. It's not "whatever definition;" they are two different things.

nestlesux wrote:Yes 3dsl has warez. They just don't have RECENT warez.

Thanks for the laughs; I don't seem to get enough of them.

Oh, I see. As long as the game is old but still being sold, it's ok as opposed to new and still being sold.

Regardless of age, warez are warez, which is why I'm having trouble understanding the intolerance of a site with somewhat newer warez than this one.

Note that I do not care whether this site contains warez or not; I am simply pointing out the inconsistency of this viewpoint.

And finally, please don't disrespect me. Either respond with a thoughtful and well-written post, or don't bother at all.
alexz721
Advanced Member

Postby InsaneFury » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:40 am

The whole point behind offering new warez and old warez is as follows:
  • Offering new/0-day warez will advertise that 3DSL is all about games, and feels that all games should be made available to the public free of charge, regardless of them still being available legally on a large scale. This does not match the 3DSL ideal: 3DSL is more of a tribute to games, and as such it supports people buying games.

Aside from this view, having newer warez attracts people who are just looking for the latest in warez. 3DSL will be profiled as a big warez site, something that 3DSL isn't either.
  • Offering only older games will attract less attention from copyrightholders. Usually, the copyrightholders have moved on since their 1990 game release, or even don't exist anymore. Though, by law, this theoretically is equally illegal as offering new games, offering old games will be less troublesome in practice since there will be less parties around to care about it. ;)

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Postby ruiya75 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:08 pm

Yes, that's the theme of this site & I want mods will keep this status of 3DSL at any cost. Moreover how 3DSL hosts file (on YBC!), it's become painful to many leecher (except me) to download as you have to download every file individually. I want that 3DSL should remain in this status. So no new warez here. There are plenty of sites for that.
ruiya75

Postby alexz721 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:34 pm

Well, if this page is simply a tribute to FPS games (as the FAQ states), then it would seem that buy-links should be offered as often as possible, with only the completely unfindable games such as Quiver or ZPC and the freeware games such as Ken's Labyrinth having links offered for download.

But in summary, have whatever you like on the site. It's not my place to judge; i was just playing Devil's Advocate, since I felt there were some inconsistent explanations.
alexz721
Advanced Member

Postby nestlesux » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:50 am

alexz721 wrote:But in summary, have whatever you like on the site. It's not my place to judge; i was just playing Devil's Advocate, since I felt there were some inconsistent explanations.

Damn nice of you; thanks for the assist. :D

Hmmmm, hope that wasn't inconsistent of me.

lol

Peace!
Who Watches the Watchers?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
nestlesux

Next

Return to General Topics