Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Been away for awhile....

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Been away for awhile....

Postby stwin4 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:29 am

Hi guys,been away for awhile and I come across some games that I was downloading six months ago that I never finished getting all the files for.So I go to the A thru Z index and try to find the game and noticed not only is there no downloadable files for that game (S of F)anymore but most of the games now are actual demos :? :? whats happened?A lot of games that I downloaded before now have say----- Download: None currently available----- :(
stwin4

Postby MasteromaN » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:27 am

the download of the recent games aren't available (2003 is too recent).
MasteromaN

Postby dead-meat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:37 am

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

2/ In addition, we have removed all uploads from 2003 to the present plus a couple of "still too-popular in retail" games. Our main priority is to keep older games alive and having a 2-3 year time limit before these games are available will insure that we attract visitors who have the same interest and not just those looking for the "brand new thing".
This does not mean that content will be less here though, as a major announcement will be made about the site sometime this Summer also. So please stay with us as we develop into something bigger and better.

http://meineseite.i-one.at/jt68023/history3.htm

Try finding out by using News History next time :wink:
dead-meat

Postby stwin4 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:41 am

well O.K. you dont have to get uppity about it jeez :P like I said I've been away for awhile----you guys always had fairly recent downloads ---- was just wondering what happened :cool:

EDIT: the strange thing is I did finish downloading the files for Soldier of Fortune 2 from here thru Yahoo Briefcase recently(was missing like 3 or 4 folders) (works great by the way) but not the original S of F folders :? which is a year or two older than S of F2
stwin4

Postby Scaryfun » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:48 pm

The Soldier Of Fortune rip is much bigger (382Mb) than SOF2 (182Mb) and unfortunately the briefcases went down so it's a big job to re-up that much. Maybe sometime again in the future....
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to General Topics