Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ HALF LIFE 2 WARNING

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

HALF LIFE 2 WARNING

Postby Hellsgate » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:13 pm

DO NOT - I REPEAT - DO NOT use a cracked hl2 CD key on Steam.

Even if you own previous games and have a STEAM account - DO NOT use pirated HL2 cd keys - 20,000 people have so far had there accounts banned and more will be banned as time goes on - they are searching cd key entries and banning all Accounts with fake keys.

check the forums if you think i'm kidding you

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=forums
No Flesh Shall be Spared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hellsgate

Postby dead-meat » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:17 pm

Thanks for the warning.
I thought they would do such things in ordere there are so many How-To's on playing HL2+CSS without a valid key... even online using Steam.

I'm currently playing HL², EMPORiO's repack. As I played the non-repack my firewall noticed me of HL's exe wanting to have internet access. Well, sure I didn't accept that :wink: (running fine anyway)

Also, the rumor's about VALVE running experiments with a warez release... I guess they're not true. I think they just don't want ppl to download it so they start spreading rumors that they pushed that rip into p2p/fxp or whatever.

But one thing's for sure: I'll buy that game anyway! Ok, I was - just as some others - a little disappointed of the single player part... but I enjoyed it anyway... maybe more then some other games :) I'm quite sure there will be even better mods than for HL1.... ok, HL Source is another point to buy it.

Heheheh... talking a little to much now. Will stop it right now :lol:

greetz
dead-meat :D

PS: Hey, be fair.... >> IF YOU PLAY THIS GAME, BUY IT! << 8)
dead-meat

Return to General Topics