Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Giants bundled version

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Giants bundled version

Postby Traitor7 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:54 pm

Hi, recently I got a bundled version of Giants Citizen Kabuto from a friend of mine. He obtained it with his Creative soundcard. Unfortunately I only have a crappy AC97 soundchip and after installing and starting the game crashes. :x

I suppose it requires EAX supporting hardware though nothing is mentioned in the manual. Is there any possibility to get it working on my system nevertheless or do I have to download your rip? Would be nice to avoid last because I already own this ***ing game.

Thx in advance
Traitor7

Postby loki1985 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:59 pm

maybe this version has been modified to check if the creative driver is installed.....

search the net, maybe somebody already had a solution for this....

//EDIT: maybe patching it to 1.4 could help....
loki1985

Postby dead-meat » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:41 pm

Otherwise it should be possible to just exchange the soundfiles with the non-eax versions of them.
If someone wanted to get them out of his version and upped them... well, would at least be smaller than the whole rip ;)
dead-meat

Postby Traitor7 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:56 pm

Hi folks,

thx for quick responding. I forgot to mention that we talk about a german version and that the 1.4 patch is already included. I also had a look at the giants folder. The stream subfolder contains ordinary wav-files. The music subfolder contains files with a raw-extension. Another subfolder (EAL) contains files with a eal-extension - these file are probably necessary to use the EAX-Advanced HD feature. Apparently this folder is additional and not really necessary. Maybe it would be enough to replace the audio driver files placed in the mainfolder with ones from the nonEAX version. Should be gg_dx7r.dll and gs_ds.dll. Would be nice if someone can mail me these files.
PS: A patched exe I already own.

Thx for help
Traitor7

Return to General Topics