Index ⇒ 3D Shooter Mods/Addons ⇒ English Translation for "Evil Resistance" (2008)

Let us know any popular mods that should be added to our site or inquiries about those here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

English Translation for "Evil Resistance" (2008)

Postby wkduffy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Regarding the Russian-only zombie 2008 FPS “Evil Resistance: Morning of the Dead” (whose original title, I believe, is more closely translated “Moscow and the Dead”): Searching around for an English translation to this title, I came up with nothing, so I undertook it myself. The files are below.

(@scary_fun: For some reason, I couldn’t upload this to my own site, so the files here are on my 4shared account. If you are interested in hosting them on 3DSl, you might want to grab them quickly—I don’t know how long my 4Shared account will be active, maybe only a few days [no plans to renew at present].)

Some quick notes about the translation:

1. This is not an executable, but just a series of folders/files that need to be overwritten in the game directory. Remember to make backups of your original files before overwriting.

2. There is a text file providing directions on where in the game directory each set of files needs to be placed. There are 3 folders that require overwriting, and 2 individual .ogg movie files.

3. While these files will translate *most* of the on-screen dialogue text and menus into English, not everything will be in English (for example, the control / keybind menu is still in Cryllic characters). This is because I could not find or was unable to change the appropriate files. If you can improve on it, feel free. Of course, Russian will still be spoken on screen; sound files were not changed.

4. NOTE: Regarding the 2 .ogg movie files, these short full-motion-videos (which provide an intro and an outro to the game) did not have subtitle text files associated with them. In order to provide subtitles, I encoded the original .ogg files into .mp4 files, superimposed the subtitles, and re-encoded into .ogg files. The upshot is that this back and forth conversion did degrade the quality of the video, but at least there are English subs to read. If you want the short opening and closing movies to be of higher quality (without English), simply do not overwrite the 2 .ogg files included here. Cheers!

Evil Resistance English Translation

http://www.4shared.com/file/M9WAXcNM/ev ... glish.html
wkduffy

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Good work again! :thanks:
I'll reupload it for 3dsl, no problem.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby wkduffy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:13 am

Cheers! And thanks! :wink:
wkduffy

Return to 3D Shooter Mods/Addons