Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Old games: Many old Korean titles

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: Old games: Many old Korean titles

Postby myloch » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:51 pm

The robot Taekwon V (full demo). Thanks for this rip to Wannabe!
Please help me! Check HERE for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

The following user would like to thank myloch for this post
Scaryfun

Postby myloch » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:24 pm

One of the mules arrived... :wave:
"Gianto robottos"! :lol:
myloch

Postby Supernova » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:37 am

About time to relieve my childhood then (yes that's one of the very first mecha anime I watched) :D
Supernova

Postby myloch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 pm

What about this?

도깨비가 간다.
도깨비 방망이

Two rows, two different names I found but the game looks the same. Any good links?
It's a platformer with the typical asian ogre with a club, prehistorik wannabe.

A chapter 2 called 꼬마도깨비2 exists.
myloch

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Dokkaebi-ga Ganda / Cobi & Comi
https://www.old-games.ru/game/4736.html

Probably is the same if the screenshots here are correct for the second name - http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blog ... m=postView
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby annoyment » Sat May 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Got the Yulhyul Kangho 3CD ISO Demo in queue at CLUBBOX (CDSpace :omg: well at least PowerISO is said to support it) - problem is, it'll reach its turn in about 20 days at most, since queuing & pausing is borked, & as ye can see the item currently being slowly nibbled on has also been requested :wink:
So, uh, once again, see yeh next month (until then here's a wiki page to troubleshoot from, maybe, dunno :huh: ) :(
Windows is shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Tue May 15, 2018 1:38 pm

UPDATE: Well the Ys DL got screwed (downloader error blanked all progress, will have todo "cache" backups, as in c/p after exit, from now on :x ), so uh, just upped the raw grabs of this one, please don't put this yet on AL 'cause it needs more testing :? The "3CD" thing seems to actually be disc 1 & two different dumps of disc 2! Found this converter fortunately, but the resulting ISOs (the only other format the proggy can do :omg: ) seem to be smaller than their source counterparts (along with CD2 ISOs still differing from one another via CRC) :huh: Will try mounting 'em on CDspace on me XP SP2 host then BIN/CUE via ImgBurn or something :roll:
Fer now here's Yulhyul Kangho, three LCD disc images, provided as is (store setting), legendsworld, no "publish" ATM, pretty please (unless someone else succeeds at creating some more usable ISO Demos out of these) :(
Code: Select all
https://www.4shared.com/archive/M08Bwv4sfi/HKHY_GRK.html

EDIT: The flagship CDspace software is unable to properly mount their flagship proprietary format even on me legacy potato, thus I'm unable to find out if LCD is just some kind of "compressed" PW'd ISO, or if it carries audio and/or subchannel data (or dummying) :x The converted ISOs do work though, 32-bit InstallShield & the title runs on me W10 host with no crashes or DRM crap (just a CD-check), albeit the graphics don't work properly (thus DxWnd is a must) :!: If anyone succeeds in creating better "1:1" images please notify :cry:
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby hfric » Tue May 15, 2018 5:25 pm

in what format are those GBI or ISZ or IOZ or ASHdisc ??? there was even I7 like compressing the ISO with 7zip after and doing some funky memory VM to protect it , jezz .... etc...
still remember those times when Companies pirated games and repacked those games in those formats and placed them on Public torrents ... just to make you buy theirs funky new standard for Media dumping ... the grey area of pr
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby hfric » Tue May 15, 2018 5:27 pm

oh its .LCD ... get yourself UltraISO it opens all your funky formats
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby annoyment » Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 pm

This time I'm afraid yer partly correct :lol: Those times may be behind us, but its consequences are still felt to this day :cry:
The point is, only the CD2 file works like that out of the bunch (which is how I "found out" that the said dump of disc 2 is "inferior" & doesn't fit with others ) - the other two image files, Install & Play, refused to mount AND open (tried PowerISO, UltraISO, VirtualDVD, & gBurner; none succeeded) :( The properties of those files are weird - non-Unicode letters in their internal image-names, possible password-protection (although not really, dunno what's the deal with it existing in the first place :huh: ), & various other flags that I haven't paid closer attention to (but it seems that none of those prevent the images from being convertible to ISO). Which leads to a possible conclusion that developers upgraded their format with features that are pretty much usable only on CDSpace, & due to a lack of proper changelog that such changes haven't been picked up (or even known) by other third-party programs :omg:
So yeah, the flagship atrocity seems to now be the only viable method of achieving the proper results that may, or may not, even exist (even though the converted ISOs already work better than the provided full demo, the results will still be worth the hassle, fer preservation sake) :x
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby myloch » Tue May 15, 2018 7:27 pm

I have cdspace installed in my system, I can test this game. I remember having (or having not) shared a rip of this game that refused to run.

Cdspace, as weird as it may be, got quite some popularity in the past but it never left South korea boundaries. A lot of cd images in korean cafes and blogs are in this format.

I tell you a secret:
HIDE: ON
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

hfric wrote:in what format are those GBI or ISZ or IOZ or ASHdisc ???

You forgot DAA and especially CDP :lol: Well, this one is really hardcore oldschool format.
myloch

Postby annoyment » Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Just tried WinArchiver (found out just recently that it can mount) - and that was also a flop :x Now I'm truly out of options - imma now root fer yer success myloch :wave:

Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby myloch » Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 am

Me think install lcd and play lcd are corrupt. Cdspace8 doesn't mount them and poweriso only opens cd2 image.

Edit: I converted them to ISO too. I used this. Apart of the lcd size difference (compressed lcd vs standard lcd maybe?), both cd2 images are good and the files are crc identical. If you convert both to iso, the iso size is exactly the same (!), and after some hexcomparing, there are like 0.001% of differences. It installed and executed correctly in w7 x64 with radeon card without visible graphical glitches, even if it screams for a dgvoodoo2 hi-res overhaul. I still wonder why the rip crashed after intro to begin with, bad cdcheck removal?
myloch

Postby annoyment » Wed May 16, 2018 10:37 am

Problem is, corrupt they aren't, the linked converter does successfully make ISOs out of those, & those images are working (the title IS playable from 'em, as I've noted in one of me previous posts), but the results of said conversions are smaller than their source files (80 + 20 megs combined decrease), which led me to the idea on those sources having more than the crappy ISO can put - which is why I suggested all that hassle of doing proper mounts on its software of origin :huh: Forgot to mention but I did try CDSpace 8 as well on me W10 host & concluded it's an atrocity of its "former self", thus attempted going out of my way with CDSpace 6 ENG SW on me XP SP2 host (might not be the best version, but that one worked, 5 didn't, & the rest I haven't checked yet :| ) - which is how I found out about those "flags" & "features" & crap :roll: And all this just to know if their exclusive LCD gizmo format has multisession & multitrack (& DRM-data & the like) capabilities :(

Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby myloch » Wed May 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Cdspace lite 1.0.5.4 (cdspace 7?) also refused to mount "install" and "play" discs ("media parse error"). I give up on this one: it works, there's no drm and the shit works correctly. Stay serene and play this honest action rpg :P

Only doubt is that menu part you cannot access because it mentions something about a cd 3 in hangul.

I lost faith of receiving help for hacking that alpharom game Cheollang Yeoljeon from fileforums, I posted the protected file and some infos over 1,5 years ago and only two (TWO) users downloaded the attachment, this is just ridiculous. :evil: From my personal point of view, that forum is a living dead and the senior members / moderators attitude often doesn't help...
myloch

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics