Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ San Andreas [RIP][677MB]

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

San Andreas [RIP][677MB]

Postby Rico » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:50 pm

Name: San Andreas
Ripped by: Demo Group
Size: 677MB

Ripped = Music (but game supports the playback of your own radio files...)
~~~~~~ Speech (don't forget to enable subtitles in the options...)
Company movies

Download: link to warez removed
=================================

I tested it and it works!!!
Rico

Postby hurenBock » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:43 am

i would never download a rip of gta
the game is worth to download the 4 gig

gta rips are shit just the soundtrack is worth it
hurenBock

Re: San Andreas [RIP][677MB]

Postby gtamodder85 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:07 pm

Didn't CLASS rip it a couple of years after this to make a point or whatever ? I can't find anything about it, Google and DuckDuckGo let me down.

I thought there was a CLASS rip of the game after 3 years of it's release in 2007 or 2008?

Does anybody know more about it or remember it? Am I insane?

EDIT: this is not a request for the game just wondering
gtamodder85

Postby Molitor » Sun May 26, 2019 12:16 pm

CLASS, I highly doubt so, their last release was in 2004. You might have encountered a P2P repack or rip from someone who pretended to be CLS. The game is really large and its file structure doesn't allow much stripping, it's indeed possible to make a rip of it (as shown with this topic) but maybe none that can abide the scene standard rip rules. However, you might find ultra-compressed repacks.
SPiTFiRE did release "Grand.Theft.Auto.San.Andreas.DVDRip.READNFO-SPiTFiRE" in June 2005 although it's not really a rip but a pre-installed game split across 6CD. And it was nuked for being oversized and with a stolen crack. NETSHOW apparently released a 5CD repack as well.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Molitor for this post
gtamodder85

Postby gtamodder85 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Molitor wrote:CLASS, I highly doubt so, their last release was in 2004. You might have encountered a P2P repack or rip from someone who pretended to be CLS. The game is really large and its file structure doesn't allow much stripping, it's indeed possible to make a rip of it (as shown with this topic) but maybe none that can abide the scene standard rip rules. However, you might find ultra-compressed repacks.
SPiTFiRE did release "Grand.Theft.Auto.San.Andreas.DVDRip.READNFO-SPiTFiRE" in June 2005 although it's not really a rip but a pre-installed game split across 6CD. And it was nuked for being oversized and with a stolen crack. NETSHOW apparently released a 5CD repack as well.

Thanks for your great reply. I love to mod GTA games (1,III/vc/sa), as you may have noticed. And indeed getting a 4.5 GB game down to less than 275 MB isn't really an option (SRR2004). Maybe 677MB without the radiostations at best. I did find some strange GTA4 repacks that as like you say use some strange ultra compressor, kinda cool though.

Funny you start to mention it might be a fake release. Back in the day there was a fake Quake IV rip I believe on P2P, this may as well be a faked one. Me and my mates collected a lot of games back then we just downloaded from every source we could access. I asked one if he still has that rip and he said he would look on some old HDDs.

Just for curiosity sake I'm going to check those 2 releases you mention, there may be some nfo's flying around the internet.
gtamodder85

Postby gtamodder85 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Well I just installed it, I don't know about if it's CLASS but it looks like it to me.

Unpacking took 2 hours on my older test pc :( but after it runs, seems to not have any cutscenes in game.

sad thing there's no info file here

it's btw just 228mb

i notice the img files are smaller than the original game's already. i'm not sure if these were rebuild as i didn't watch the entire unpacking going on

killer installer music though

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u34sfd02 ... S.zip/file

savegame loading crashes the game, now onto modding it :lol:
gtamodder85

The following user would like to thank gtamodder85 for this post
Scaryfun

Postby bk1965 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:58 pm

gtamodder85 wrote:Well I just installed it, I don't know about if it's CLASS but it looks like it to me.

Unpacking took 2 hours on my older test pc :( but after it runs, seems to not have any cutscenes in game.

it's btw just 228mb

i notice the img files are smaller than the original game's already. i'm not sure if these were rebuild as i didn't watch the entire unpacking going on

This wasn't meant to be public at all.

1. It's NUKED, the main.scm had to be modified in order to remove cutscene audio, this was ambiguous according to several rules and breaks down certain mods compatibility for example
2. Original release date is not 2007 but 2009
3. Never public
4. Not a CLASS installer

PM me how you obtained this
bk1965

Postby Molitor » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:24 pm

bk1965 wrote:This wasn't meant to be public at all.

Does matter that much since it's a fake?
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby annoyment » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:38 pm

"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby bk1965 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am

Molitor wrote:
bk1965 wrote:This wasn't meant to be public at all.

Does matter that much since it's a fake?

It was agreed between a couple of men that this wouldn't be shared, for the following reasons I'd like to have contact but I haven't received a message yet:

1. It's nuked on a few levels, even including the used tools/compressor.
2. The date is faked, WHY ?
3. What the heck is that installer, even though it's smaller than CLASS's original installer, it seems like some hacked patcher.
4. Maktone did not make that chiptune.

Did you 'make' this yourself? I think you did, but for what reason is unknown and probably nuts.

edit: aTm called and wants credit for the stolen installer 2.0 art
bk1965

Postby Molitor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm not sure what point you're trying to drive home here. You seem to know who made this, but you suspect gtamodder85 has something to do with it? How do you know the date is faked? What would the real date be, by the way? You mentioned several times that this shouldn't be "public", so you think it's leaked from somewhere?
I'm interested to know why anyone would go to great lengths to create a repack (however malfunctioning) and make it look like a CLS release.
Molitor
3DSL Moderator

Postby bk1965 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Molitor wrote:I'm not sure what point you're trying to drive home here. You seem to know who made this, but you suspect gtamodder85 has something to do with it? How do you know the date is faked? What would the real date be, by the way? You mentioned several times that this shouldn't be "public", so you think it's leaked from somewhere?
I'm interested to know why anyone would go to great lengths to create a repack (however malfunctioning) and make it look like a CLS release.

If you read back a little, I am wondering why this isn't how it was originally released, that's why I think he modded it.

A couple of clear indicators it's messed with:

1. NanoZip is from 2009
2. WinRAR 3.71 binary is from a later date than it's packing date (by just a few months)
3. I do know where this originated from
4. Look at the file dates ... whoever did it really tried to fake these but failed in the details

:D it's malfunctioning as well? I didn't gave it time to unpack fully, will give that a shot this weekend on some old pc.

This is not a repack but a rip, a rape in the state it's now.
bk1965

Postby bk1965 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am

tested - works (though messed up cutscenes, and the games starts with audio queue coming from CJ: " At least it was before I fudge everything up ")

I vote for removal of this broken-nuked-raped-stolen RIP :thanks:
bk1965

Postby gtamodder85 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:31 pm

bk1965 wrote:
gtamodder85 wrote:Well I just installed it, I don't know about if it's CLASS but it looks like it to me.

it's btw just 228mb

This wasn't meant to be public at all.

1. It's NUKED, the main.scm had to be modified in order to remove cutscene audio, this was ambiguous according to several rules and breaks down certain mods compatibility for example
2. Original release date is not 2007 but 2009
3. Never public
4. Not a CLASS installer

PM me how you obtained this

:D I'm sure you are mixing up 2 different releases.
gtamodder85

Postby bk1965 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:55 pm

no, it says in the installer it's 2007 while there are 2009 tools used

doesn't make sense
bk1965

Next

Return to General Topics