Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Singularity Texture Streaming Issue (v1.1)  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Singularity Texture Streaming Issue (v1.1)

Postby Ali Akbar » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:28 am

PC specs (just in case)
CPU: Intel Core i3-380m 2.53 GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics Arrandale (Ironlake)
RAM: 2 GB (1.86 GB Usable)

:hi: I have v1.1 (ElAmigos repack) and still the textures load like shit on my laptop (although update 1.1 was supposed to fix the issue), and I do have some knowledge of unreal engine config files, and I always edit them to get UE3 games to run smooth on my laptop, and to get the best textures I set the texture pool size to 0 (which means unlimited) and set onlystreamintextures to true, low-res textures don't pop back when moving away from an object , in other words the textures remain in their highest quality after popping in, I've done this in meny games UE3 games (Outlast, Bulletstorm, Alien Breed, Gears Of War, Legendary, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Enslaved: Odyssey To The West etc) and all of them run great.

But this game doesn't even have an ini file to edit (I am well aware of the settings in the registry and I have set onlystreamintextures to true, thinking it would fix the problem but it didn't), and there are forums on the internet (http://forums.dearwandy.com/viewtopic.php?id=30090) that say to hex edit these two files: Coalesced_INT.bin and Singularity.exe, to change the pool size, but the forum that said that is dead :(. I used HxD for changing the controls for dead space once, I did try hex editing the bin file and I found a pool size in the Coalesced_INT.bin, but I don't know what values to change :( :cry:

So I tried to change 130 to 0 (because many ue3 games use 130 as their pool size) but then the game wouldn't launch. Then I found out about a utility called Singularity TPS Patcher I think, it would allow you to change the poolsize to your desired value, but you then have to calculate the new SHA1 hash for the bin file and write it to singularity.exe (which is way out of my league), and I can't seem to find it (Singularity TPS Patcher) anywhere since ALL forums have the SAME upload link with no mirrors whatsoever. I also read that this program has problems running on windows 7 (I hope not). There is another patcher available
and it automatically calculates the SHA1 hash and writes it to singularity.exe, but I doesn't allow you to select the pool size which is why I didn't use it.

If anyone has this program (Singularity TPS Patcher), can you please share it here, if not, or no one has it, then I mentioned above that I did indeed find a texture Pool Size while in the HxD hex editor, so if anyone knows what values to change, and how to calculate the new SHA1 hash, please let me know (I want to set the pool size to 0) :thanks: in advance.
Ali Akbar

Re: Singularity Texture Streaming Issue (v1.1)

Postby yamibito » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 pm

"Here at least
We shall be free; the Almighty hath not built
Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure; and, in my choice,
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven…"
yamibito

The following user would like to thank yamibito for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby yamibito » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:43 pm

"Here at least
yamibito

Ali Akbar, Scaryfun

Postby Ali Akbar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:09 am

yamibito wrote:Singularity Texture Streaming Patch v1.32 :D http://downloads.zafehouse.com/singpatch/SingularityTexturePatch.rar
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :hug: :), but I already tried this one (it didn't work)
Porus wrote:There is another patcher available
and it automatically calculates the SHA1 hash and writes it to singularity.exe, but I doesn't allow you to select the pool size which is why I didn't use it.
This (Singularity Texture Streaming Patch v1.32) is the one that doesn't let you select the pool size, the one I am looking for is called Singularity TPS Patcher, it let's you set your own pool size, but thank you very much :) .
Ali Akbar

Postby yamibito » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Well, i never heard of it...
I only know this fan made Singularity automated streaming texture patch i posted above :mrgreen:
"Here at least
yamibito

Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:49 am

No problem :), forget the Singularity TPS Patcher, I know where the pool size is located, I just didn't know how to recalculate the SHA1 Hash and write it to singularity.exe, but I just stumbled upon this 5 minutes ago https://sites.google.com/site/singularitytweaks/, and it shows how to hex edit the bin file, calculate the new sha1 hash, where the hash is located in the exe and how to write the new sha1 hash to singularity.exe :D, but I am not marking this topic as solved for now since I haven't tested this yet, and I also uninstalled the game a few days ago. I was going to write this in the 'Introductions & Departures" but it seems fit that I write it here (and no, I am not leaving Legends World), I am immigrating to USA on 8th October and I am leaving this laptop (that I had for 8-9 years) behind, I'll build by own computer/PC there, but that might take time, months or maybe even 2-4 years as I have to focus on my studies/school too, and also since the cpu (i9-10900K), gpu (RTX 3080) plus RAM, Motherboard, cooling system etc are a bit expensive (and no, I am not getting an RGB setup, I don't like it and find it unnecessary). And since I am immigrating I am very busy at the moment (packing stuff :lol:) but I will try to install Singularity and test this fix today itself, if not, then I might have to wait for quite some time, but I will visit this site regularly if not on a daily basis as I do now until I build my pc.
Ali Akbar

Re: Singularity Texture Streaming Issue (v1.1)  Topic is solved

Postby Ali Akbar » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:40 pm

:hi: , I managed to get some time and tried/tested the fix I mentioned yesterday and it was a success!!! :D, I have fixed the texture streaming issue by setting the pool size to 999 (0 didn't work and crashed the game on launch). Turns out that generating the SHA-1 Hash and writing it to singularity.exe is not as hard as I thought, in fact, it was very easy that I am literally laughing at my self for not understanding this earlier, so I have written a detailed step-by-step guide (with pics) on how to hex edit the bin file, generate the bin file's SHA-1 Hash, and write it to singularity.exe.

The guide:
This guide is for the english version of the game, if you are using other languages, you need to edit a different bin file and write it's sha-1 hash to singularity.exe. If your hex editor doesn't perform checksums then I recommend that you use hashcheck :up:

There are 6 bin files, each for a specific language
Coalesced_ESN.bin (Spanish)
Coalesced_FRA.bin (French)
Coalesced_INT.bin (English)
Coalesced_ITA.bin (Italian)
Coalesced_POL.bin (Polish)
Coalesced_RUS.bin (Russian)

I don't know where are the bin files for the Czech and German versions
As always, please create backups before doing this

1. Open Coalesced_INT.bin with a hex editor (I used HxD)

2. Click on 'Search', select unicode and find 'poolsize'

3. Search twice until you find this

4. Change the pool sixe to 999 (it should look like this) and then click save (ctrl + s) but don't exit yet

5. Click on 'Analysis' tab, then 'Checksums', select SHA-1 and press ok

6. The SHA-1 hash will be generated (it should look exactly like this if you used 999 as the pool size), copy it

7. Open singularity.exe with the hex editor

8. Find 'Coalesced_INT.bin' in editor encoding

9. After one search you should find it

Now this is the part that many people (including me) did wrong

10. This is the SHA-1 Hash for the original bin file

11. You have to replace this with the SHA-1 Hash for the modified bin file, if you used 999 as the poolsize, the hash is 90EC71A48200E335CCEE249745B723022E1F4A21, now you have to edit the HEX values, NOT the decoded text on the right side (which is what most people did), it should look exactly like this

12. After you've done this, save and exit, launch the game, if it launches fine then you have done everything right, if it crashes on launch then you have done something wrong obviously :lol:, restore your backups and start again.

I have uploaded the fixed files (poolsize 999) just in case if anyone finds the hex editing difficult
Link: https://mega.nz/folder/m91EQLia#WQlN99TibuID2ZqfL__LZg

If anyone has any questions please let me know. :thanks:
Last edited by Ali Akbar on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ali Akbar

The following user would like to thank Ali Akbar for this post
hfric, Scaryfun, Tranit, yamibito

Postby yamibito » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Great, thank you!!! :up:
"Here at least
yamibito

Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:00 am

:welcome:
Edit: I am officially in USA :D
Ali Akbar

Postby Tranit » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:17 am

Thanks, looks better :)

With this solution it is possible to edit other Unreal Engine 3 games they uses bin'ed Configurations?
Tranit

The following user would like to thank Tranit for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:37 am

Tranit wrote:Thanks, looks better
:welcome: :hug: :)
Tranit wrote:With this solution it is possible to edit other Unreal Engine 3 games they uses bin'ed Configurations?
I don't know, I only tried this with Singularity (and don't know if there are other games that use this type of config), but I read somewhere that Mass Effect 3 uses this bin file config, but someone already has made an extractor that extracts all the ini files from the bin file, allows you to edit them, packs them into a bin file again etc. But, as they say, there is no harm in trying, so you could always try, but make sure to google first, just in case someone already has a solution. And please back up any files, don't make the same mistake I did, literally ended up having to reinstall this game (Singularity) 4 times :lol:
Ali Akbar

Postby Tranit » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Ah ok :)

I have the German binary edited.

The game is "Portable". I installed it 1 time years ago. have copied it somewhere else. Uninstalled unnecessary stuff. Since then it has been sorted in my game list on the HD. To edit, I just copy it to an SSD. 8)

The registry data are under
[HKEY_USERS \ S-1-5-21-2600117261-2479273188-3688983222-1000 \ Software \ Activision \ Singularity]

If these are missing, they are always created there when I start the game. :)

I start the game via
-maxqualitymode -usealavailablecores

Yes, I have some U3 games that use a * .Bin file. Have to check again which ones they were.

The tip with the Sha1 is golden. :up:

regards
Tranit

The following user would like to thank Tranit for this post
Ali Akbar

Return to Games Support