Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Mega problema

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: Mega problema

Postby hfric » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:24 pm

Why not try Vista or Win7 ? they will work on your setup (your CPU is from 2009) ... and your PC will work faster ,since the Memory Mangers will make all games load faster aka better cache ... when Venetica on WinXP loaded from 2 to 3 min ... on Vista it was only 15 sec per map on the same pc rig ... jaw drop moment

IF you have space why not try double Boot set-up if you care for the compatibility with old games ...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby rastan saga » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 pm

I think this "dual boot" thing is the only solution. But I have to change the hard drive in it, my HDD is only 150GB. It cannot be divided into two or something, useless. I need to buy a new large HDD which is currently not possible.

Thanks for info.
rastan saga

Postby hfric » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:26 am

:huh: 150gb is enough ... back in 2004 80gigs HDD was enormous ... you have something on it and you can't speed partition ( i always only had two partitions on my HDDS , one for the Windows Virtual cache file , the other for all stuff) ... or don't partition it , it also depends on the speed of your drive ... since you only partitioned HDD by its speed regions

I worked on a Athlon X4 CPU till 2014 , with 3 hdds 550mb,850mb,80gb had on it DOS\Win3.11\Win98\Winxp\VIsta ... you install DOS 6.11 , then Win3.11 then Win98 , then WinXP in a different folder as named WINXP and then VIsta that will automatically create a Dual Boot Window ... then you edit the Autoexec.bat and add before starting the Vista\Winxp , Dos Navigator or Norton Commander and your set ...

Computer starts, shows boot options, you pick one WinXp or VIsta ... before they start DN or NC will start and you can start DOS games or Boot Win3.11 or Win98 ... if you exit DN\NC, WinXP or VIsta will boot ...

and this set up was with me till 2014 ... till my motherboard Soundcard died and fried the motherboard and had to buy a new motherboard with a CPU ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby rastan saga » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:37 am

OK...
rastan saga

Previous

Return to General Topics