Index ⇒ Broken Downloads ⇒ The Witcher: Platinum 2 ISO edition missing/corrupted part  Topic is solved

Notify us of broken download links or corrupt uploads. Please be polite; we are a small group and we do this in our free time and it's 100% non-commercial.

Moderator: LW Moderator

The Witcher: Platinum 2 ISO edition missing/corrupted part

Postby angusD » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello guys, The Witcher: Platinum edition 2 DVD - ISO seems to have one file missing: twpe-d2.r02 in the 4shared folder. Also, the file twpe-d1.r30 is not recognized by Rar, even after several re-downloads. It says it is unknown and cannot read it (and its icon is blank, unlike the rest of the rar files which have rar icon). Hm? :)
angusD

Re: The Witcher: Platinum 2 ISO edition missing/corrupted pa

Postby Meddle » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:55 pm

You shouldn't ever have to open a rar part that far down the line. Just use the starting part denoted by the .rar extension. On my PC all rar parts after a certain number show up with a blank icon as well. This does not mean that the part is corrupt.
Meddle

Postby angusD » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:56 am

Meddle wrote:You shouldn't ever have to open a rar part that far down the line. Just use the starting part denoted by the .rar extension.

Ok, but I didn't. I opened the main rar file, and it gave an error on file .r30 of the first disk. The procedure breaks at this file, but it manages to extract the disk 1 iso files.

As I said, the second disk I cannot extract because the file twpe-d2.r02 is missing. A small peek in 4shared folder that is linked to the page of the game on Legendsworld reveals that is indeed the case. ;) Which means that I cannot extract the second disk. And therefore I cannot install the game because the installation asks both disks... :(
angusD

Postby Meddle » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:40 am

Then maybe there is supposed to be another file after .r30 of the 1st disc. Although if .r30 is indeed corrupt; the image file of the first disc may give an error during install and not continue forward or if it does you may end up with a non-functioning game.
Meddle

Re: The Witcher: Platinum 2 ISO edition missing/corrupted pa  Topic is solved

Postby Shattered » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks for reporting. I've reuploaded the missing twpe-d2.r02 file.

I also downloaded and tested the files. Everything is OK and extracts OK (twpe-d1.r30 is the last file indeed). I'm using JDownloader to download the files and WinRAR v5.40 to extract the files. There is no error message on extraction here.

You can check the integrity of the files with the included SFV files to determine exactly which ones are not OK.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby angusD » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Thank you guys very much for intervention and info! I will try now and let you know if something is up.

Cheers
angusD

Postby angusD » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Just to confirm that everything works perfectly. I extracted the files with b1 archiver with no problem.
angusD

Postby Shattered » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:41 pm

OK.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Return to Broken Downloads