Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Trouble with ST Hidden Evil & Mortyr (Both now working!)

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Trouble with ST Hidden Evil & Mortyr (Both now working!)

Postby neo_viral » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:02 pm

Hi all :)

First,just want to say thank you to everyone whose running this great site.
And its always nice to see some familiar names (Hi Oyn!)
Also,sorry if im breaking some rule by mentioning 2 games in one topic but i didnt want to spam with two topics at once.Im still nervous,being a newbie and all.

I Downloaded rips of the above mentioned games from here.The extraction went well but they give me errors and i cant seem to run them.

I have tried both games on my win 98 and win 2K pc`s.My system is an AMD Athlon 1.8ghz,Onboard sound,512 Ram,128Meg Radeon 9200SE.DirectX9

On Mortyr,when i click on the exe,it goes to a "loading" screen,and then it drops to desktop with error message "could not open 3D sound,please choose another sound provider from setup menu" .Yet i cannot see any file wich is a config or setup anywhere.I have searched these forums and there was a previous topic on this where someone recommended using a mortyr.exe -setup but that also did not work as it says to me cannot find file.

On Hidden Evil all goes well untill i click on new game,and then an error message pops up called "Trouble - could not load geometry" and then it drops me to desktop.

I know these 2 titles didnt get the highest ratings and they`re not the BEST titles ever but i`d still like to be able to play them.

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)
Last edited by neo_viral on Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neo_viral

Postby loki1985 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:56 pm

for mortyr, you really must run it with parameter "setup".

just create a .bat-file containing "mortyr.exe setup", and run it... must be in same directory, of course.
Last edited by loki1985 on Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki1985

Postby dead-meat » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:01 pm

Oh.. it's very welcome to not open one thread per title. So no problem with that ;)

Ah.. and welcome aboard :lol:
dead-meat

Postby Oyn » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:36 pm

Heya neo, nice to see you! :)
Oyn

Postby neo_viral » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:54 pm

Hi again.

Thanks all for the warm welcome :) !

Loki : I have tried this in various ways,but i wouldnt be surprised if im missing something obvious (as per a previous thread http://www.legendsworld.net/phpBB/viewtop ... ght=mortyr)

I have created a batch file in the Mortyr Directory (the same one the exe is in).I have named it alternately,Setup,and Mortyr.exe Setup,and Mortyr.exe Setup,and Mortyr.exe -setup.No matter what i name the batch file though it doesnt seem to work.Firstly,when i click on it then it tells me its a non valid win32 application.I then run it via the command prompt in Win2k.However,it does the same to me then,taking me to loading screen,and then dropping me with a please choose another sound provider message.

Like i said im prob. missing something obvious like editing the batch file itself and doing those rem thingies like a txt document (its been so long since i used naked dos....)
neo_viral

Postby loki1985 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:44 am

you guessed it, you should not rename the batch, but edit its content!
or alternatively use a command prompt, enter the game directory and there run "mortyr setup".

/edit: i just tested, and the "no valid win32 executable" message appears when your batch file is empty.... so please right-click it, then click "edit", then enter "mortyr setup" (without the quotes), then save, and your are ready to go.
loki1985

Postby neo_viral » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:45 pm

loki1985 : awesome,it works now :D Its a great help
,i might try it with previous older games i got long ago from various places wich had similar problems.Running a little fast (not unplayable)but i`ll try CPUGrap or such other slowdown Utility as mentioned in the faq.

As for Star Trek Hidden evil i think i got it working on this machine.Well,it seems to run fine so far now.Firstly,i deleted Quicktime 7 off my pc and installed Quicktime 4.Then,most importantly,after having a look at the registry file in the folder,i noticed that it mentioned HK_localmachine/software/ etc as per a directory the game would have installed to most likely if it was the iso.I dragged the entire folder to my C : Drive on a test and it now runs.(prob. could have just edited the registry file but anyway)

Thanks again for all the great help & advice ! :)
neo_viral

Return to Games Support