Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Resident Evil 4 HD/ Biohazard 4  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Resident Evil 4 HD/ Biohazard 4  Topic is solved

Postby oldman » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:42 pm

some useful sites ,if you're having problems getting the new res evil 4 pc game running properly.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/di ... 706109008/
http://guide4games.net/resident-evil-4- ... ler-fixes/

and
http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/

http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/t ... ollTo=5703
This is good place to go for future improvements to graphics.
There is a few talented guys there ,so we should see some tools a nd fixes eventually.
oldman

The following user would like to thank oldman for this post
Scaryfun

Re(quest): Resident Evil 4 HD/ Biohazard 4

Postby annoyment » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am

Necrobumping with a suggestion, and a request - the suggestion is this:
Code: Select all
http://rutor.info/torrent/51818/resident-evil-4-2007-pc-sokol-edition

IMO this is currently the best GameCube/Wii-like restoration repack (without going overboard on custom-modding AFAIK) of PC07 (which methinks, as poor-quality of this SourceNext port was, it's still supposedly way less broken than the UHD re-release) with various fixes already implemented (plus works flawlessly on me W10-x64 host) - dunno if any other repack of this kind exists (let alone this good) :woot:
The only problem is, English text (sound is untouched, and FMVs are thankfully not hardsubbed) is fully replaced to Russian (FIGS are left as-is - methinks this was made out of the Noviy Disk Russian physical release) :x So, the request part is for EITHER the English language pack (or "Anglofikator" or "DeRusifikator" or however those get named), OR some kinda step-by-step tutorial to create said language pack out of the HATRED rls, OR to mod said HATRED+FLT rls into something resembling that repack :!:
:thanks: in advance :(
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
Ali Akbar

Re(kt): Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 2007 port mod-guide

Postby annoyment » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:43 pm

UPDATE: So here I am, having spent a couple nights figuring out in reverse what has that Sokol repack done, in order to manually apply to other versions; and I believe I've finally done so (since I REALLY didn't want to give it a whirl on me PS2 due to its dying disc drive laser, and also me awful gamepad skills) :idea:
So, without further ado, here's me step-by-step guide on how to mod the 2007 PC port of Resident Evil 4 (by SOURCENEXT) on yer own as closest to the GameCube/Wii versions as possible, if fer any reason the Ultimate re-release isn't one's fancy at the time (that includes me ATM; at least until some more gameplay polishes were to happen, and the "HD Project" mod was to truly complete its development):
DISCLAIMER: Everything presented here is proven to work on the latest-patched European and Russian (Noviy Disk - official "fork" of European one, MULTi5-RFIGS) releases - those from other regions (and/or unpatched) shouldn't be as VASTLY different (Japanese & bootleg-Russian are the likely suspects IMO) as the former, but just so yeh know if any issues arise from this guide :arrow:

1. Resident_Evil_4-HATRED (EUR MULTi5-EFIGS specifically, from 3DSL or wherever, s/n: re15120633317651) :up:
  2. Resident_Evil_4_v1.1.0_EU_Patch-FLTDOX (or get separately the official 1.1.0 EUR patch from Patches-Scrolls or elsewhere, and the NoDVD from GameCopyWorld) :wink:
  3. After installing everything, config stuff up by editing SetupTool.ini (manually rebind keyboard controls and apply proper widescreen - :thanks: PCGamingWiki) since the official EXE tool doesn't provide good enough options, and is also buggy :down:
  4. Then grab & extract & install the "Community Patch" mega-pack (sorry fer Russian mirrors as they're the only ones surviving; and also RAWG.io, the international variant, doesn't host DLs 'cause buyout and archival and stuff); either the Basic version ("Скачать файл" 1 2 3) which provides GameCube-quality GFX and improved FMVs and stuff, or the Ultimate version ("Скачать файл" 1 2 3 4) which also improves on the former but also installs ENBSeries (optionally disable it either with hotkeys; or by deleting d3d9.dll and its related text files if need be) :|
  5. Fer mouse support (accelerated tho, but the port is very old, so might as well take what yer given) grab ("СКАЧАТЬ без регистрации" then wait) and extract this archive (more Russian, but is also the latest one already bundled with a modern OS fix) :wacko:
  6. And lastly, from now on play RE4 via Loader.exe fer the best bodged KB+M experience (or game.exe fer keyboard-only) :mrgreen:
Of course, more accurate platform-related modding could always occur (like this madness fer Serious Sam 2 :lol: ), but that possibility is growing ever so smaller due to almost all modders having shifted to tinkering with the Ultimate port; not to mention the mostly-unwanted upcoming remake in the works :x Either way, that'll do fer now - best of luck and GG to all :hi:
BTW the request fer the fabled English language mod-pack still stands - just fer the sake of easing this process even further :roll:

Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Ali Akbar, Scaryfun

Re: Resident Evil 4 HD/ Biohazard 4

Postby Ali Akbar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:29 pm

I've read that the original 2007 sourcenext version had a lot of problems, and the 2014 HD Remaster also had problems (especially frame rate problems). So I want to know which is the best version that I should get. Is the 2007 sourcenext release better than the 2014 remaster, or is it the other way around, or is the custom modded one the best. :thanks: in advance
Ali Akbar

Postby annoyment » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:49 pm

After referencing a bit about the two on PCGamingWiki, supposedly the Ultimate HD 2014 does ultimately prevail over the SOURCENEXT 2007 one (both in their fully-tweaked form, even while being bothersome, no matter if using the instructions from the Wiki or me wall of text above) ; so if one doesn't wanna wait, then that's me opinion :!: But now that the HD Project overhaul is VERY close to completion (the Ada stuff is being polished, while the remaining extras are to be baked a bit more, with hints of even Gemini of Classic REbirth fame possibly joining to help out technically), I'd wager waiting a bit more with getting the 2014 rls until this fully modded experience finally hits (tentatively by the end of 2021) :wink:
Windows is shutting down
Last edited by annoyment on Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annoyment

Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:14 pm

:thanks: :) so until the HD Project is done, I play the sourcenext version and mod it using the guide you provided above
Ali Akbar

Postby BR4ZIL » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 am

Sourcenext version is based off one of the older console version i recall, which doesnt include in-game cutscenes.

You kinda have those really crappy pre-rendered overly pixalated cutscenes instead of in-engine stuff of the UHD edition.

Mouse support is also craptastic in the sourceport version.
BR4ZIL

The following user would like to thank BR4ZIL for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby annoyment » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:43 am

annoyment

Ali Akbar

Postby hfric » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:42 am

BR4ZIL wrote:Sourcenext version is based off one of the older console version i recall, which doesnt include in-game cutscenes.

You kinda have those really crappy pre-rendered overly pixalated cutscenes instead of in-engine stuff of the UHD edition.

Mouse support is also craptastic in the sourceport version.
the thing was... Sourcenext ported the PS2 version then the GameCube version... and on top of that this PS2 port to PC had no pixel shaders , Ubisoft had to internally fix the problem with a 2gig patch ... later on people made theirs own MODDED VERSION with a 4 gig patch , when all textures where taken from Gamecube since they where 2k by default and re-recorded all cutscenes in 2K from the GameCube version on a Emu to add them to the PC version ... Capcom later on fix this by porting over the GameCube version to PC called "Resident Evil 4 HD" (more like the Xbox360 port) but they Fcked all textures *FACEPALM* since there where from the PS2 ... wtf ... the only proper remaster is for the WII ...

and that UHD RE4 VR is a awful abomination with all sexual stuff cut and made gender neutral...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank hfric for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby Terje_P » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:21 pm

The ultimate edition of the game already exist. Looks at this marvel of modern technology. :lol:

https://youtu.be/1T7B1GgbPLI?t=478
Terje_P

The following user would like to thank Terje_P for this post
Ali Akbar, annoyment

Postby AdyXIII » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:48 pm

I'll clarify:

2007 PC version is a port of PS2 version with all good and bad. Worse part, however, that it was badly done and had many effects missing. European (including Russian) and Asian (except Japanese) releases got patch 1.1.0 which restored missing effects and had minor fixes. North American and Japanese releases were released later and were updated to 1.1.0 by default.
2007 PC version was popular among modding community even after 2014 Ultimate HD Edition, since it was relatively easy to mod compared to 2014 PC release. However, it changed a couple of years ago, since introduction of better modding tools.

2014 Ultimate HD Edition was ported by QLOC. It was based on Xbox 360 HD release (in-game credits confirm that) and now is base version for all subsequent ports. Xbox 360 port was based off Wii Edition, which was a merge between GameCube code (base game) and PS2 code (additional content), hence Separate Ways cut-scenes remained pre-rendered.
AdyXIII

Return to Games Support