Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Quake: Scourge of Armagon Kills ;)

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Quake: Scourge of Armagon Kills ;)

Postby Necris » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi.

I'm having this problem with SoA and maybe someone of You who has the mission pack will be able to help. I'm playing on normal difficulty setting and I've reached the Mortum's Keep level. The thing is I'm at the exit and... have all secrets but only 65 of 67 possible kills. I cannot find those two remaining monsters anywhere. I've even used noclip to check the outside level boxes but didn't find anyone who wasn't teleported to the battlefield because of some bug (like the one with four scrags in the original Quake's Ebon Fortress level). There are no fishes on this level so this isn't the case (and the fish bug is fixed in SoA from what I know). Maybe the monsters should be "created" not teleported after performing certain action that i didn't? Found all the secrets, even the "Levelord giggles!" one. ;)

Also I remember that when I played SoA years ago there was this problem of course and also another one on the Edge of Oblivion secret level. I don't remember the skill (think it was easy) that I've used to play then, but there were also one or two (can't remember exactly) monster(s) missing and nowhere to be found.

Anyone knows am I doing something wrong or is it a game issue? Quake v1.06 patched to 1.08, GLQuake v0.97.
Necris
Advanced Member

Postby Narfous » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Could be a couple zombies not counted. Quake notes this bug in the manual.
Narfous

Postby Necris » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:45 pm

I wasn't aware of this. Always the counter was right, even after levels infested with them... I'll check it out. :)

EDIT:

Those aren't the zombies... The thing in the readme file is about smacking them with a shotgun or something and that they don't back up. I've used the rocket launcher and counted them all during killing now and they're credited, so it must be something else. :? This all zombie bug actually never happened to me.

EDIT:

I've loaded the Edge of Oblivion map on normal difficulty and get 50\51 kills... Maybe because this is a deathmatch map the player is counted as an actual monster?... Have no idea. Still didn't found a way to solve either of these problems. :x

EDIT:

In case someone is wondering :wink: ... I've found a way to fix the Mortum's Keep bug. :) There are spikemines missing and there's a fix for this even available here... finally something. :P I didn't tried it cause I don't use unofficial patches, but I can continue to play now... Still didn't found a way for the Edge of Oblivion thing...
Necris
Advanced Member

Return to Games Support