Index ⇒ Site Suggestions ⇒ Mad Dog McCree

Think you have a suggestion to make? Feel free to post it here!

Moderator: LW Moderator

Mad Dog McCree

Postby Lifeforce » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 am

while searching after a PC light gun at ebay....this one :)....
Code: Select all
http://cgi.ebay.de/Light-Gun-for-MAME-PC_W0QQitemZ6259717290QQcategoryZ3945QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this Mad Dog McCree game was mentioned besides House of the dead 2. Its a first person video-shooter or how it could be called :roll: Theres also a sequel called Mad Dog II - The Lost Gold.Dont know if this a 3D or not but maybe it fits.

Info:
Code: Select all
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/mad-dog-mccree

greets
LiFe
Lifeforce

Postby Scaryfun » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:24 am

Hehe, these are FMV (Full Motion Video) games. Basically it's a filmed movie sequence where you have to shoot the right characters at the right time. They're not 3D however. Thanks though.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby WhoSetMeUp?! » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:43 pm

I really enjoyed playing the first Mad Dog McCree game back in the day - don't know if I would think much of it today, though.

And Megarace, anyone remember that one?

The acting in both games was okay, but I havn't played Mad Dog in ages, and so I can't say if I would recommend it, nor if the acting alone would be enough to try it out.

You have to remember, this was back in those particular days when huge movie files with 5 - 10 mb games were considered :cool:

In all fairness, some of them probably were cool :)
WhoSetMeUp?!

Postby Oyn » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:41 pm

Games of this type are generally called rail shooters, since you have no control over how you move, etc.
Oyn

Postby Lifeforce » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:26 pm

just to understand these games but whats the difference between those mentioned ones and for example Island Peril or Hardline - It's the thought that kills, please?

BR
LiFe
Lifeforce

Postby Scaryfun » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:43 pm

Island Peril has freedom of movement, no? It has digitized enemies but that doesn't make it a rail shooter.
Hardline is another "rail shooter" meaning the movement is predefined and out of your control (like being "on rails" of a train).
Some of these rail shooters use 3D type of graphics/effects so if you don't move in the proper area you can make contact with a wall or other object while you fly through and experience damage to your ship (like in Microcosm or Novastorm). Some rail shooters use FMV (full Motion Video) and don't use 3D effects, they are simply a movie that plays in front of you and you must shoot appropriate areas where enemies are.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Return to Site Suggestions