Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Free Rapid Downloader v0.9 Update 2

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: Free Rapid Downloader v0.9 Update 2

Postby Shattered » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Good news, it seems that FreeRapid can resume unfinished 4shared downloads.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby guardsman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:28 pm

May I ask the peeps who have used both FreeRapid and JDownloader which application they find more useful? I am currently using JDownloader and it has all of the features of FreeRapid listed in the first post. How well does the simple CAPTCHA in FreeRapid work? I find that JDownloader's simple CAPTCHA (No plug-in required, though there are some third party anti-CAPTCHA JDownloader plug-ins available) works well with MegaShares but does not support sites like Uploaded.to and Rapidgator (You have to enter the CAPTCHA manually for those sites). Please let me know. Thanks!
:thanks:
guardsman

Postby Meddle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:39 am

I try to avoid sites such as uploaded.to & rapidgator whenever I can. Those sites are just terrible for free users; i.e. completely anemic speeds & ridiculous wait times between files. If I must use them I just enter the required captcha manually.
Meddle

The following user would like to thank Meddle for this post
guardsman

Postby Shattered » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:03 am

FreeRapid works well with MegaShares. You don't need to enter the CAPTCHA.

+1 for Meddle's comment. I only use Uploaded.to or Rapidgator if I don't have any other choice.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Shattered for this post
guardsman

Postby guardsman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Meddle wrote:I try to avoid sites such as uploaded.to & rapidgator whenever I can. Those sites are just terrible for free users; i.e. completely anemic speeds & ridiculous wait times between files. ...

I agree, Meddle. With three and two hour wait times respectively between DLs and speeds of up to 50Kb/sec for both sites, I would only use them if there are no other mirrors available on free-user friendly sites like PutLocker, BillionUploads, 180Uploads, MediaFire or 4Shared. Unfortunately, that decision is up to any given uploader.

Shattered wrote:FreeRapid works well with MegaShares. You don't need to enter the CAPTCHA.. ...

Thanks for the info, Shattered. So it looks like FreeRapid and JDownloader do basically the same thing. There doesn't appear to be any benefit of having both applications installed on the same machine. It is all a matter of personal choice for the user to have either one installed.
:|
guardsman

Postby Shattered » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 pm

With FreeRapid you can resume 4shared downloads, with JDownloader you can't.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Previous

Return to General Topics