Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Moebius

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Moebius

Postby stiv_ntouzos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:07 am

Just got this game made by Jane Jensen ( Gabriel knight series, Gray Matter, King quest 6 etc...). Officially the game comes out tomorrow but i paid for it when it was on kickstarter.
I don't have a real opinion about the game at this moment, but Jane Jensen's games are always about the story. I remember that at first i was disapointed from Gray Matter but after one point i really liked this game although it's
not her best game.
Anyway i don't know if anyone bought it, if There are some opinions about it. I also backed up the Tesla effect game ( the new Tex murphy adventure ) and i m very excited cause it comes out next week.
I think i will try to play both some hours and after that have a more detailed opinion about them.
kill a man and you're a murderer,
kill many and you're a conqueror,
kill them ...all and you're god
stiv_ntouzos

Re: Moebius

Postby hfric » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 am

about Gray Matter , people where pissed because it had production values of a HOG , and those cutscenes where just still pictures then pre-rendered 3d movies

and because people mostly wanted a Gabriel Knight continuation then this meh game

so now we get Moebius a game made by a studio that did Kings Quest 3d continuation and that weak paranormal retail game , based on the script written by Jane ... let me start i hate theirs game engine , it was stiff simply put they animation skill SUCK ... and guess what they also are making a 3D remake of Gabriel Knight 1 :evil: that will have all voice CAST REPLACED !!!! WTF is this sh!t , no Mark Hamill , no RIP Tim Curry etc... and all theirs backgrounds are redrawn and look like HOG game *facepalm*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby zobraks » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:57 am

I liked Gray Matter very much although it looks and plays as if I (with no knowledge of game-making whatsoever) had made it myself. :(
About 13 different teams :-x had their turn in GM's production and it shows.
zobraks

Postby hfric » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:48 pm

the thing was Gray Matter has a fantastic story line and nicely made characters , Jane gets a A for it but ...ugh the game mechanic was so out of place in some places did not knew about those 13 teams making each portions of the game ... thats just awful ...
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby stiv_ntouzos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:06 am

I understand some of your points, and yes the new moebius game i don't like so much the graphics. Gray matter was a very good game for me, at the start i didn't liked it so much i thought it would be horrible but at the end it won my heart, i also liked the decors. Fell in love with the story, the mystery, i hope this happens also with moebius , if you ask me about the engine and the graphics you are right i find them mediocre ( even gray matter was better in my opinion) but at the end what i hope for is a good story. As for Gabriel knight remake i think it will be good , it s not really a 3d game , it's more a pseudo 3d character within some improved 2d gabriel knight scenes. Anyway i think jane jensen is one of the few people in the industry to still make real point and click adventures and i m happy about that. I m very excited about Gabriel knight ( i liked the trailer ) and i hope for a fourth part some day.
kill a man and you're a murderer,
kill many and you're a conqueror,
kill them ...all and you're god
stiv_ntouzos

Postby oldman » Thu May 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Some games do grow on you as you play.

But sometimes it's not easy getting past the bits that annoy you
oldman

Return to General Topics