Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ 4shared and mipony

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

4shared and mipony

Postby Zeka » Mon May 26, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm sorry if somebody asked this question before but this one thing just annoys me lately. Did anyone noticed that mipony recognize links but doesn't recognize file extension of uploaded file from 4shared. It wouldn't be such a big problem but, for that reason all rar files of the same archive (named .r00, .r01, .r02 ..... .rar) are named the same, so you have to rename separately every file after the single link is detected. And for larger archives this is really pain in the a.. hm hm neck. I prefer mipony over jdownloader because jd causes a lot of errors and always skips half of files that I tell him to download. So I wonder why mipony cant recognise damn file extension like every other download manager.

I just wanted to ask you guys if anyone else had that problem and can it be solved.
Zeka

Re: 4shared and mipony

Postby Shattered » Mon May 26, 2014 4:19 pm

You could try to contact the author of the program to fix this:

Code: Select all
contact@mipony.net

Did you try FreeRapid?

Code: Select all
http://wordrider.net/freerapid/
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

The following user would like to thank Shattered for this post
Adeel S. Ahmed

Postby Zeka » Mon May 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Well, I sent a mail to Mipony and now we'll see what will they say. And this freerapid program doesn't start any dl from 4shared. It recognizes link, asks me for user name password, and after 20s waiting it shows some error and start new 2min countdown. I guess I'll have to keep doing renaming manually :x because JD is definitely not an option as bugged as it is now. Thanks for reply though.
Zeka

Postby Shattered » Tue May 27, 2014 4:39 am

You need to have a 4shared account in order to download from 4shared. Just enter the username and password of your free 4shared account into FreeRapid and the downloads should work.

If you don't have one you can create one for free.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby zobraks » Tue May 27, 2014 6:18 am

Zeka wrote:JD is definitely not an option as bugged as it is now.
Bugged or not bugged, JD works perfectly with 4Shared.
For me, that is.
zobraks

Postby Zeka » Tue May 27, 2014 8:28 am

Shattered wrote:You need to have a 4shared account in order to download from 4shared. Just enter the username and password of your free 4shared account into FreeRapid and the downloads should work.

I do have an account, and I think i couldn't download from 4share at all via Mipony if I don't. Actually I have a couple of them to switch when reach day download limit :)

zobraks wrote:Bugged or not bugged, JD works perfectly with 4Shared.
For me, that is.

Well, not for me. If I leave JD to dl an archive of, lets say, 15 files it will dl 2 of them, few others will stop after few percents, few of them would be greyed with "file not found" explanation, and there is a couple of more labels next to the other files that wasn't even started to dl. If I am at the computer at the time to resume downloads every now and then, then I can hope to dl few more files, but only half of them at the best.

Oh, and still nothing from Mipony contacts :(
Zeka

Postby zobraks » Tue May 27, 2014 9:54 am

Zeka wrote:
zobraks wrote:Bugged or not bugged, JD works perfectly with 4Shared.
For me, that is.
Well, not for me. If I leave JD to dl an archive of, lets say, 15 files it will dl 2 of them, few others will stop after few percents, few of them would be greyed with "file not found" explanation, and there is a couple of more labels next to the other files that wasn't even started to dl.
You'll have to learn how to use JD (and its tabs, specially Settings) with 4Shared (and its accounts) properly, then it will work for you too.
zobraks

Postby Zeka » Tue May 27, 2014 10:28 am

zobraks wrote:You'll have to learn how to use JD (and its tabs, specially Settings) with 4Shared (and its accounts) properly, then it will work for you too.

Oh, I didn't know about that. Maybe you could give me some hints and quick useful advices about those settings, since I don't know when I'll get some time to study their wiki or forum.

Or maybe someone know about some tutorial considering this matter. :roll:
Zeka

Postby Adeel S. Ahmed » Tue May 27, 2014 4:26 pm

I personally use IDM (Internet Download Manager) but, on reading Shattered's suggestion here, I decided to give FreeRapid a go. Although FreeRapid isn't quite as good as IDM but it has a very nice ability to recognize downloads, something, which unfortunately IDM can't do well. I just downloaded two videos of my favourite songs from dailymotion. All I had to do was to give FreeRapid the link of the videos and it grabbed them immediately! Now I use FreeRapid specifically to download videos from such websites. :D

:thanks: for suggesting it, Shattered.
Adeel S. Ahmed

Postby Shattered » Wed May 28, 2014 7:07 pm

It doesn't seem to recognize folder links anymore though.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby oldman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:01 pm

I click "download as B1 file" on the 4shared page.
i wrap most of my 4shared downloads in their B1 Archiver.
i do it mainly because it's faster to download B1 links on my 3g dongle connection.(not sure why)
As long as u have the B1 program installed ,it's pretty quick to unpack the original files afterwards.
oldman

The following user would like to thank oldman for this post
Zeka

Postby Zeka » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:53 pm

oldman wrote:I click "download as B1 file" on the 4shared page.
i wrap most of my 4shared downloads in their B1 Archiver.
i do it mainly because it's faster to download B1 links on my 3g dongle connection.(not sure why)
As long as u have the B1 program installed ,it's pretty quick to unpack the original files afterwards.

Thank alot oldman. I thought those options work only for premium users, but B1 archives can be downloaded with mipony. I still have to add .b1 extension because my mipony doesn't recognize any file extension that is coming from 4shared but who cares if it is only 1 file.

:thanks:
Zeka

Return to General Topics