Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Prince of Persia The Two Thrones is censored???

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Re: Prince of Persia The Two Thrones is censored???

Postby BlackDaemon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:43 pm

RhymeKidder wrote:A gamer asked me about a video - Kindred Blades skin mod for T2T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjVbKTxck

Would anyone happen to know more about this?

This is a texture mod, a few guys working on it, which a knew a bit. I helped them with some techical details in modding.

annoyment wrote:This is gonna look like a dox op, so I'm hiding the rest of this post, since this thread is public and easily cache-able...
HIDE: ON
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

tl;dr RhymeKidder made more people outside LW happy, and thus gratitude is given, yippie...
As for the skins I'm yet to find an official page of any kind for the said modding work (one DA page isn't enough AFAIK)...
Due to the sensitive nature of this post, please mod or delete it if necessary, ty...
Windows is shutting down

This is a bit incorrect :) I'm not using seperate youtube account, (if you look my videos, then you will notice there PoP videos too ;) ) That video with skin (youtube account and devialArt) was made by another guy, which i know a bit, and as i said above, i helped them a bit with technical details in question "how to replace prince textures". For last few weeks i was concentrated on preparing and rewriting my save editor tool (it's still not finished, but i'm working on it :P ), so i kinda missed discusion here :D
Last edited by BlackDaemon on Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackDaemon

Postby annoyment » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Thanks for clarifying, I meant separate (i.e. not equal) from the poster of the video RhymeKidder shared. Also, didn't look into yer backlog much so I stupidly stated RPCS3 being the main interest, so sorry about that BTW. As for "a bit", feeling it would help to spread the word about this one, even by a nonexistent margin. Thanks again mate :)
"Hellos, plz help with this, will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby BlackDaemon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:02 pm

annoyment,

You're welcome ;) As additional details, i'm also working on researching of press beta's of WW (PS2) and T2T (Xbox) versions. Unfortunately, it's delayed a bit, because i want to get capture device, and record detailed video, how some stuff there works :)

game_over_1993 wrote:How do you think, is it possible to make the patch which allows to decap ordinary guard in the beginning of the game?

It's resources-related. I did some initial research for monsters/enemies files, and found out, that things, which responsible for blood (for example) lies there. But, unfortunately, my current skills isn't enough atm to dig deeper there.
See screenshot and more detailed effects list there. For example, every sand monster in T2T missing blood-related effects, which presents in human-guard enemies (and ofc in WW sand monsters).
BlackDaemon

The following user would like to thank BlackDaemon for this post
game_over_1993

Postby annoyment » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Next issue: How does one fool StarForce without NoCD? I have zero EXP in using utilities for this crap, and actually using them backfires on me :cry:
PLS hjaelp, public or PM, would really wanna suceed on me olde genuine junk without wasting a disc...
And apart from this sad story, no, I had no other progress in gathering and contributing any info for this cause, sry ppl :(
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

Postby BlackDaemon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:29 am

annoyment,

Proper .mdf/.mds image and drive emulator using Alcohol 120%/Daemon Tools (with RMPS emulation enabled, if i remember correctly). If you're not using Daemon Tools Pro, which allows to emulate IDE drive (e.t. using SCSI virtual drive), then you need to physically disable your other CD/DVD drives, if they present in system. Also, i remember, that it's was possible to make CD-copy SF protected game on CD-RW, but it requires CD-ROM drive, which can't determine disc type (e.t., that it's writable disc, and not original press disc). Found about copying SF CD's here. Btw, also there was a SF drivers patch, which allows to run it on Windows Vista.
BlackDaemon

Postby Meddle » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:10 am

I think I remember that you needed a USB connected CD/DVD drive for a copied disc to work with physical hardware.
Meddle

Postby annoyment » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Nearly there: For the mod I dare to say it but one might call it final.
Every decap/split finisher works without a hitch, even with the buggy nature of me laptop (when I vertically split the helmed light-hater once on counter, in The Lower Tower area, his right side disappeared for a sec then reappeared for the rest of its slow-motion sequence, couldn't repeat that glitch so I attribute it to the said laptop's nature). For the conclusion I'll replace the trial with the US on my 8.1 and try one last time (with PlexTools Pro) to play the US on XP SP2 host desktop "raw" (as is).
One note though (if this has been distressed I'll do so again, IDK), if one's keen on using DRM-fixes, for the Trilogy version use exclusively the supplied NoDVD by RhymeKidder, and RLD's NoCD for all others (in which the former wasn't made for due to protection bypass incompatibilities). Then use the latest mod. This tip will IMO ensure (or assure, dunno) the most stable experience on whatever release of T2T one opts for. Just tutoring :lol:
EDIT: One thing to ask BTW, for stability (or preservance or originality or something similar) sake, is it possible for the mod to apply itself without disturbing the initial integrity of POP3 (or at least make it reversible after playtime), due to the said EXE's new trait after the mod being applied (the noted ability to open it directly admin-free) might back away some (who seek in preserving its initial state on every step, incl. its Program Files, for example StarForce itself and hfric :P ) from utilising the mod's wonderful uses :D ?
Windows is shutting down
Last edited by annoyment on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annoyment

The following user would like to thank annoyment for this post
RhymeKidder

Postby RhymeKidder » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 pm

One note though (if this has been distressed I'll do so again, IDK), if one's keen on using DRM-fixes, for the Trilogy version use exclusively the supplied NoDVD by RhymeKidder, and RLD's NoCD for all others (in which the former wasn't made for due to protection bypass incompatibilities). Then use the latest mod. This tip will IMO ensure (or assure, dunno) the most stable experience on whatever release of T2T one opts for. Just tutoring :lol:

Okay. So cracks:
- Trilogy = use Trilogy noDVD
- EMEA = use RLD NoCD
- Polish = use Polish NoCD
- US = use US NoCD.. (?)
+ mod

EDIT: One thing to ask BTW, for stability (or preservance or originality or something similar) sake, is it possible for the mod to apply itself without disturbing the initial integrity of POP3 (or at least make it reversible after playtime), due to the said EXE's new trait after the mod being applied (the noted ability to open it directly admin-free) might back away some (who seek in preserving its initial state on every step, incl. its Program Files, for example StarForce itself and hfric :P ) from utilising the mod's wonderful uses :D ?

Mod does not write / modify / edit POP3.exe on disk. No idear why it runs admin-free. binkw32.dll is replaced.

Nearly there: For the mod I dare to say it but one might call it final.

Ubi aspect ratio correction is glitched for non-4:3 (with)out mod. Mod breaks 4:3 aspect. Partly found the math but it's complicated - they used a fixed kludge to fix 16:9 @ 1280x720 or higher.
RhymeKidder

Postby annoyment » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:19 pm

RhymeKidder wrote:Okay. So cracks:
- Trilogy = use Trilogy noDVD
- EMEA = use RLD NoCD
- Polish = use Polish NoCD
- US = use US NoCD.. (?)
+ mod

Was thinking more like:
Trilogy = use Trilogy NoDVD
Polish = Use Polish spolszczenie (whoever did it)
All else retail (incl. trial) = Use RLD NoCD (worked for me on both trial and US, and yes, my reported glitch is present in both, so yes, it's a laptop thing)
Digital = why?
+ mod
Gave up on running this game on host, fudged the oldie PC good enough so that it needs format... Or a recycle bin :cry:
RhymeKidder wrote:Mod does not write / modify / edit POP3.exe on disk. No idear why it runs admin-free. binkw32.dll is replaced.

Unless a separate non-video option mod is compiled, there's no beating around the bush with it. Just bothers me that by removing the mod files doesn't give the game "back", aka "dll not found" (not even EXE replacement can fix), needing to uninstall the game along with the mod. Another thing I forgot reporting, sorry :(
RhymeKidder wrote:Ubi aspect ratio correction is glitched for non-4:3 (with)out mod. Mod breaks 4:3 aspect. Partly found the math but it's complicated - they used a fixed kludge to fix 16:9 @ 1280x720 or higher.

Damn UbiSods porters :x All I can say is, good luck on wrapping this up mate, you've done so much already as well :D
Windows is shutting down
Last edited by annoyment on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annoyment

RhymeKidder

Postby RhymeKidder » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Unless a separate non-video option mod is compiled, there's no beating around the bush with it. Just bothers me that by removing the mod files doesn't give the game "back", aka "dll not found" (not even EXE replacement can fix), needing to uninstall the game along with the mod. Another thing I forgot reporting, sorry :(

Put back old binkw32.dll (before replacement). :)

All else retail (incl. trial) = Use RLD NoCD (worked for me on both trial and US)

That makes sense.
RhymeKidder

The following user would like to thank RhymeKidder for this post
annoyment

Postby annoyment » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 pm

RhymeKidder wrote:Put back old binkw32.dll (before replacement). :)

Image You used binkw32 to inject patch... Removing and replacing the untouched DLL returned the game to former state, thanks again, now don't forget to include "pls backup binkw32 before applying" and "remove then return the backed up binkw32 as uninstall" in the readme of yer next mod WIP build, m'kay?
Windows is shutting down
annoyment

RhymeKidder

Postby Shattered » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:38 am

I just tried it on the Non-StarForce and uncracked Trilogy version of T2T. I set the ini file to unlock the videos, but the video gallery isn't enabled in the menu so I'm not sure if the mod is working.

Same result when using the NoDVD for the trilogy version and RELOADED's crack. It's the latest version of the mod.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby RhymeKidder » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:28 pm

You could check decaps. Or open task manager and check if it's running on 1 cpu only. I'm not sure why gallery isn't unlocking for you since it works here.

Is your binkw32.dll 190KB (mod) and not 188KB (old)?

edit:
@annoyment has the best idea - can you run POP3.exe and does it complain about not using the PrinceOfPersia.exe launcher?
RhymeKidder

Postby Shattered » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Yes, binkw32.dll is the mod. It's running on 1 cpu (pop3.exe). PrinceOfPersia.exe is running on all cpu's.

I will test decaps if someone can upload a savegame.
Shattered
3DSL Moderator

Postby RhymeKidder » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Sounds like mod is working. Large changes to mouse value should be working..

This should get you near the Bowery. Sneak up on archer - LMB + LMB + E = torso cut.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5565223955

I'll look into gallery some more anyway. Fixed battle hud to always upper-left align. Menu centering is even more messy.
RhymeKidder

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics