Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ My 2019 Top 4 Games of the Year List

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

My 2019 Top 4 Games of the Year List

Postby Lawrence234 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 am

My 2019 Top 4 Games of the Year List

Hi,

I love Games. my palayed games list in 2019.

1. The Outer Worlds

My 10 month or so trial of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 has result in me getting to try quite a few games that I wouldn't normally give the time of day for and I know I am much the better for it. One such game is a little Fall-Out Style Action RPG called The Out Worlds. This game made by Obsidian is set in a solar system far from earth where you are a colonist from an abandoned space ship called the Hope who is rescued from hibernation by a seemingly mad man trying to overthrow the current system of government in this star system called Halcyon. You get a ship and eventually a crew and ytou can choose how or even whether to help this individual in his goals. The Outer Worlds plays in a first person shooter perspective and uses a time slowing mechanic to allow for more precise aiming. The game also features the usual collection of hacking, lock picking, speech crafting, and stealth options as well as character customization one would expect to see in a Fall-out style RPG. What makes the Outer Worlds different (and much more appealing) is its much shorter length. It took me about 25 hours to do a play through from when I created my character to seeing cre

2. Devil May Cry 5

Ever since the game's announcement back at E3 2018, Devil May Cry was my most anticipated game for 2019. Deveil May cry is a direct sequel to both DMC 3 and DMC 4 in terms of story as it picks up with Nero as the main character but it feature bot Dante and a new character V as a giant demon tree appears in the middle of the city. The trio take different paths to the center of this threat and they uncover the truth of what is really going on here. Devil May Cry 5 has three distinct characters with 3 very different fighting styles with plenty of separate upgrade paths for all three of them. The game feels very different depending on who you are playing as in the moment. One thing DMC 5 has plenty of is style as every cut scene, every fight, and every quip by every character is oozing with style at every opportunity. DMC 5 is also a good looking game as it runs on the same RE engine that powered both of the most recent Resident Evil titles. The reason Devil May Cry 5 is only second place is mainly due to how good my number one pick Control is. This may be a very personal preference to me but the at the end of the day Control being perhaps the best game from perhaps my favorite developer was enough to secure it my top pick for 2019.

3. Mortal Kombat 11

I have to start by saying that Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) was my favorite fighting game and MK game altogether. I was very disappointed with MK X and had no expectations that Mortal Kombat 11 would be any better. I am glad to say that I was wrong. MK 11 might be the best of the series and my new favorite fighting game. The story actually redeems the problems with the story in MK X (to a least some extent) and it was very entertaining and enjoyable in its own right. The game has a really in depth tutorial mode that actually does a decent job of explaining and showing hard and obscure fighting game concepts like attack and defense frames and the like. I never tried to play this game online or even local split screen as I really only got it for the story mode. The story seems to pull a lot of ideas from Avengers: Endgame as it features time travel and an omnipotent foe trying to alter the universe to their own benefit. If you have ever been interesting in trying a fighting game, I believe this is the one to get.

4. Gears of War 5

For me, the decision to give Xbox Game Pass was made easier knowing that I was going to get Gears 5 in the process and that alone made the deal worth while. Gears (of War) 5 is a solid 3rd person shooter with a decent enough story and probably the best graphics on this side of the console generation (assuming it is played on a high end PC or Xbox One X). It is not just all greys and browns either as it has plenty of colors as well. Gears 5 features a couple of larger over world areas in the middle that give a different look and game play style that will likely return for the eventual sequel. I was not really looking forward to this game but having finished it I very much want to see what a Gears 6 has to offer. Gears 5 won't do much for new comers to the series but if you have played and enjoyed the other gears game, this one is worth a go.

Honorable Mentions

Since I only finished 7 games that came out this year I decided to make a top 5 list with a couple of honorable mentions. These two games are ones that did not quite make the cut but were still good, for the most part.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

I did not play Castlevania: symphony of the night (and still have not) but I did play the first Bloodstained this year as a Games with Gold game and when this came out I took a chance and bought it. I enjoyed it as a hack and slash exploring game with plenty of atm
Lawrence234

Re: My 2019 Top 4 Games of the Year List

Postby hfric » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:31 pm

The Outer Worlds ok , but other games are crap ... DMCV was garbage stuck in the Last Gen Era maps with Scanned Models that looked so mismatched on those you did not want to continue, MK11 was woke trash made for SJW it flopped so hard they don't know if the next game will be made , same with Gears5 another woke SJW trash pushing Feminist propaganda with Rainbow flags ... to me Gears 4 and Gears 5 was a disaster , when M$ wanted another system seller and rebooted the game ...a IP that ended in Gears 3 when they killed all with a DNA BOMB guess anyone FORGOT THAT ??!! same when Markus KILLED THE QUEEN WITH HIS KNIFE !!!
Code: Select all
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3vZ9-T7oU
but by magic she is ALIVE IN PART 4 "facepalm" and she is a genetic grandmother of boohoohoo new female hero , what a train wreak...

From my side there is no top 4 since there where too many good games this year :
Postal 4: No Regerts
Horace
Terminator Resistance
Pikuniku
Baba Is You
Disco Elysium
Metro Exodus
Outer Worlds
Th Eternal Castle
Beyond Enemy Lines 2 (Indie continuation of the I.G.I IP)
Lorelai
Boneworks
Chernobylite
Defector
Observation
Pathologic 2
The Sinking City
Indivisible
Blasphemous
Telling Lies
Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series
Ape Out
Apsulov: End of Gods
Hypnospace Outlaw
A Innocence Plague Tale
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Shenmue III
Trover Saves the Universe
Untitled Goose Game
Valakas Story
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Blazing Chrome
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Valfaris

So/So games
Alan Wake 2 Prequel called "Control" with "AWE" DLC that ties this game with Alan in 2020
Greedfall
The Hong Kong Massacre
Left Alive (its not that bad like all said it was)
My Friend Pedro
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Return to General Topics