[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 519: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 519: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3828)
Legends World • View topic - Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project (PC, PSX) (Release)

Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project (PC, PSX) (Release)

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project (PC, PSX) (Release)

Postby kalash49 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:33 am

One note: The FMV in this project presented in their original speed just like they are in most versions of this game on PS, DC, PC - 15 fps vs. 30 fps in the SourceNext edition.
We had to go for this limit in order to reduce the number of frames for manual cleaning. Besides, to my taste, the 15 FPS version looks more spectacular at this speed.
30 fps add too much smoothness to this fmv which doesn't fit with the general ambiance of the game's cinematics.

I would like to present you the outcome of our long and hard work that my team and I were doing for over a year and a half.
It is about one of my favorite games - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, which was the first one introducing me to the world of this brilliant franchise.
As I tried different versions of the game, looking for advantages and disadvantages present in each of them, I was hooked up on a feeling that
developers have created a sort of puzzle quest for their players, because practically every version of the game had its own unique features that
were not present on other platforms. Thus, the PSX version has the best VO quality, Dreamcast game can make boast of its HQ background sound
effects (shooting, zombie moans, step sounds etc.), while PC version is the worst in terms of its music, sounds, and video quality, but the SourceNext
edition came out with video quality improved. Another advantage of PC version is its modding flexibility, which became the final argument in favor
of using it as a platform for our project.

[color=#FFFFFF]

* I can post here more download links, if administration of this forum allows me.

* This PPF patch brings fullscreen SourceNext movies + Flying head fix in PSX RE3 USA version.

• Image for patching: Standard SLUS_0923 Redump image

• MD5 values:

Source image: 03CCF2F717DAD9168640F518DD4E3E80
Result image: 2CC9B885B312AF56390C69A724785ADD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* If you have serious intentions about adaptations of this improvements for different language version
(PC or PSX), feel free to to appeal your proposals directly to me.
Last edited by kalash49 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.
kalash49

The following user would like to thank kalash49 for this post
BlackDaemon, Fedmor El, hgdagon, RhymeKidder, Scaryfun

Re: Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project (PC, PSX) (Release)

Postby myloch » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 am

Interesting project, how did you fix polygons jerking?

You should ask to rhymekidder about uncensor part, he did the majority of work.
Please help me! Check for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Postby kalash49 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:22 am

In the next version video I used Gamecube version and Dolphin emu for demonstration of how our work will be look like,
that's because for now we don't have an opportunity for texture replacing in PC version, but we have technology, and we working on it.
About polygons jerking in PC version, a small chance to fix this issue still exist, for now it's hard to say more definitely.
kalash49

Postby annoyment » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Stellar work people, really appreciating it, although not without needing to have a say for a few things :D
1. Would the issue where the FMVs not" exiting" back to gameplay after finishing playback be resolved (as in on its own, without interrupting, which is disabled with the ending FMVs)? Wouldn't like having to still use the workaround of un-checking "Play movie"...
2. Also will this patch have to be applied to the extracted files of the PC version or is the ROFS (DAT resource archive) re-packer in the works? Madly curious about that one (especially after the hospital decap scene has been fixed) :-x
3. And lastly, must congratulate you on almost-spotless work on FMV hardsub removal (unlike the lazy job done on doing nothing about that when Incubus, the weird Esperanto horror film, was restored :lol: ), but gonna have to complain about the down-sampled frame-rate due to damaging the "purity" of its source(s), but this is just a complaint, no need to further step-up the pace for some bragging (also is it just me or has the compression been fudged, dunno) :)
And that's all fortunately, hope you wrap this project up, I also grew up with RE3 first and would like to revisit it with such an enhanced experience. :thanks: again...
Windows sis shutting down
"Hellos, plz help with , will help backward." -Wimpy
annoyment

Postby RhymeKidder » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Last edited by RhymeKidder on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RhymeKidder

Postby myloch » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Please help me! Check for my requests / most wanted titles!
myloch

Location: Out somewhere, collecting old, rare and obscure pc games.

Postby RhymeKidder » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:43 pm

RhymeKidder

Postby RhymeKidder » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:20 pm

RhymeKidder

Postby kalash49 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:46 pm

annoyment,
1. I never experienced such issue in PC version, especially with this patch. I tested FMV playing from that work on many systems and everything works fine without any lagging.

2. You don't have to do anything, just install this patch on any game version, everything else is already done.

3. 15 fps frame rate in movies it's their original speed, 30 fps only in SN version and I'm afraid
we would never have finished this job because of a two-fold increase in the number of frames to redraw manually in 30 fps movies.
Besides, for me 30 fps fmv looks too smothly, like a old VHS home video, I think they lost their cinematic in this speed. However, if you
like such movies you can convert them in 30 fps by using modern video editors.

RhymeKidder
, thanks for your information, that's very interesting, but I'm not so powerful enough in coding, I'll try to show this to someone from my team.
By the way, that boutique mod is very unsafe, cause if you choice nonstandard costume in main menu before game starting and then change it in boutique the game will crash
in tramway, you can use only standard costume from main menu and only in that case boutique clothes works fine, I have this mod but I don't know how to fix this.
kalash49

Postby RhymeKidder » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:06 am

Cooked up a way to uncensor head kicks in ps1. They use many overlays so it requires lots of replacements (per room basically). I'll have to locate the mercs knee crusher to get the other half done.
RhymeKidder

Postby hfric » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:55 am

great work guys , but you know this game will be remastered after part 2 (that will be out in 2016 q4) ... and you will receive the same C&D letter that the previous remake team got (that was behind the fixing Biohazard 2 to be more HD like)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hfric
3DSL Moderator

Postby RhymeKidder » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 am

I guess PS1 Mercs have zombie knee crush intact despite the 202030h thing. So this is for PS1 Jill's head kick - it might work any region (not just usa).

https://www.4=shared.com/archive/G0tX5t5Fce/re3ps.html
LegendsWorld

Howto:
Rename your bin/iso to re3.bin and run tool.

edit:
Nice work on the psx video remaster. Having those "aspect" black bars gone makes the cinematics more alive.
RhymeKidder

Postby kalash49 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:57 am

RhymeKidder, amazing work, it will be awesome update for PSX patch, big thanks to you.
kalash49

Postby kalash49 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 am

Fixed video links in first post, it's been two identical links. Watch Video Demonstration if you didn't see it before, it's a full overview of all patch improvements.
kalash49

Postby RhymeKidder » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:13 am

RhymeKidder

Next

Return to General Topics